Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Been following your advice...

Posted by Holly on 9/06/00 at 03:40 (027353)

I've been following the advice of some of you kind people who told me not to walk barefoot anywhere. I've even bought a plush house-slippers that cushion my heel, and I swear, it feels a lot better today. I went for a long walk around the beach, and it was mostly OK. Thanks, all!

Re: Been following your advice...

alan k on 9/06/00 at 08:14 (027367)

I would try adding more rest and avoiding long walks, especially on the beach in which your feet get angled at odd directions.

However, that rest should not cause atrophy of the feet, or it could cause more complications. Therefore you should also exercise the feet, perhaps swimming would be better.

Please keep up on the treatment suggestions and take nothing for granted. As I have watched cases unfold on the board, I would say you are a star pupil and almost certain to be fully healed fast. Then you can post a happy success story for everyone. So do keep it up.

thanks,

alan k

acutai@acutai.com

Re: Been following your advice...

alan k on 9/06/00 at 08:14 (027367)

I would try adding more rest and avoiding long walks, especially on the beach in which your feet get angled at odd directions.

However, that rest should not cause atrophy of the feet, or it could cause more complications. Therefore you should also exercise the feet, perhaps swimming would be better.

Please keep up on the treatment suggestions and take nothing for granted. As I have watched cases unfold on the board, I would say you are a star pupil and almost certain to be fully healed fast. Then you can post a happy success story for everyone. So do keep it up.

thanks,

alan k

acutai@acutai.com