Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Arnica cream or salve

Posted by Nancy S. on 9/06/00 at 05:19 (027357)

Has anyone tried this stuff? Health food stores sell it. One of the other foot people at the gathering I went to on Sunday (she has metatarsalgia? something like that) uses it and swears it is helping her. Of course it's expensive, so I'm wondering if anyone has tried it before I plunk down the dough.
Nancy

Re: Arnica cream or salve

Pauline on 9/06/00 at 08:09 (027366)

Interesting that you should mention this herbal cream A while back I wrote to Scott and told him about an herbal cream I was using on my feet. I thought it helped take down inflammation but because I was also doing other things I had no way to prove whether the cream was working. He told me to post it anyway, but I didn't instead I told
only one other person on the board about it for her to try. So far
I have not heard back from her about trying the cream. I hope she responds to my e-mails soon so we can compare notes.

After reading your posting I immediately looked at what I was using
in this cream and the first ingredient was Amica. I can't recommend
it with any scientific proof nor with even another person trying it yet, but I think the cream that I am using does help with inflammation.

If our other poster responds to my e-mails who is trying the cream
I'll let you know or perhaps she will see this and post her own experience. If your looking for a cure I say no way, but I think it
may help with inflammation, but as I said I have no proof. The cream
I purchased cost about 28.00 for 2 tubes. I don't know how much Amica
is in it by weight and it does have other ingredients. If the product you are talking about is pure Amica then maybe it costs more and is a better product because of its higher concentration.

Re: consider arnica

alan k on 9/06/00 at 08:21 (027368)

The concentration does vary but it should be possible to get it fairly cheaply, even in a good concentration. Go to a big healthstore with lots of options or one with an empower-the-consumer spirit (common at healthstore's). Often the best brand is the cheapest. It shouldn't be more than $10 a tube and certainly not more that 15 I should think.

I used to use it on sore muscles from yoga and found it helped a bit. There are also sub-lingual arnica tabs but I didn't notice anything from them.

I misplaced my tube around the time I got pf and never tried it.

People who are developing any kind of muscle soreness from exercise or foot exercise should consider arnica because it does seem to have an effect on muscles. I don't know anything about whether it would effect the plantar fascia or get into deep intrinsic muscles like the quadratus plantae that is often involved in heel pain and pf.

alan k

http://www.acutai.com

john h on 9/06/00 at 10:42 (027379)

nancy: i have tried every lexor,slave,balm,weed known to man or woman and nothing helped. thanks for giving me something else expensive i can rush out to buy.

Nancy S. on 9/06/00 at 15:22 (027393)

That's enough for me, I'll try it. I know it won't cure everything, but I'm hoping it will help reduce the inflammation in my swollen and sore tendons.
John h, you should not rush out to buy anything like this anyway -- you and we need to know that any improvement you're experiencing is from ESWT!
Nancy

john h on 9/06/00 at 17:28 (027406)

i take improvement anywhere, anytime, i can get it nancy. witchdoctor or whatever!

Pauline on 9/06/00 at 08:09 (027366)

Interesting that you should mention this herbal cream A while back I wrote to Scott and told him about an herbal cream I was using on my feet. I thought it helped take down inflammation but because I was also doing other things I had no way to prove whether the cream was working. He told me to post it anyway, but I didn't instead I told
only one other person on the board about it for her to try. So far
I have not heard back from her about trying the cream. I hope she responds to my e-mails soon so we can compare notes.

After reading your posting I immediately looked at what I was using
in this cream and the first ingredient was Amica. I can't recommend
it with any scientific proof nor with even another person trying it yet, but I think the cream that I am using does help with inflammation.

If our other poster responds to my e-mails who is trying the cream
I'll let you know or perhaps she will see this and post her own experience. If your looking for a cure I say no way, but I think it
may help with inflammation, but as I said I have no proof. The cream
I purchased cost about 28.00 for 2 tubes. I don't know how much Amica
is in it by weight and it does have other ingredients. If the product you are talking about is pure Amica then maybe it costs more and is a better product because of its higher concentration.

Re: consider arnica

alan k on 9/06/00 at 08:21 (027368)

The concentration does vary but it should be possible to get it fairly cheaply, even in a good concentration. Go to a big healthstore with lots of options or one with an empower-the-consumer spirit (common at healthstore's). Often the best brand is the cheapest. It shouldn't be more than $10 a tube and certainly not more that 15 I should think.

I used to use it on sore muscles from yoga and found it helped a bit. There are also sub-lingual arnica tabs but I didn't notice anything from them.

I misplaced my tube around the time I got pf and never tried it.

People who are developing any kind of muscle soreness from exercise or foot exercise should consider arnica because it does seem to have an effect on muscles. I don't know anything about whether it would effect the plantar fascia or get into deep intrinsic muscles like the quadratus plantae that is often involved in heel pain and pf.

alan k

http://www.acutai.com

john h on 9/06/00 at 10:42 (027379)

nancy: i have tried every lexor,slave,balm,weed known to man or woman and nothing helped. thanks for giving me something else expensive i can rush out to buy.

Nancy S. on 9/06/00 at 15:22 (027393)

That's enough for me, I'll try it. I know it won't cure everything, but I'm hoping it will help reduce the inflammation in my swollen and sore tendons.
John h, you should not rush out to buy anything like this anyway -- you and we need to know that any improvement you're experiencing is from ESWT!
Nancy

john h on 9/06/00 at 17:28 (027406)

i take improvement anywhere, anytime, i can get it nancy. witchdoctor or whatever!