Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

wheelchair and walking cast

Posted by Paula on 9/06/00 at 18:27 (027410)

dr z you repleid to my post that no one with pf needs wheelchair, iif i remember correctly and you said i should get different diagnosis? 3 podiatrists have diagnosed pf. all my symptoms are classic. i could walk, till i sprained my ankle, but the pain so bad i thought it would help to stay off it a few weeks or even months if that's what it took. not a good idea? also, i have a removable walking cast from when i brpoke my toes. what with a very sore ankle and bad pf in my foot, should i try the walking cast? it was for the right foot and my left one is the problem. are these casts interchangable?

Re: wheelchair and walking cast

Dr. Biehler on 9/06/00 at 20:55 (027423)

The walking casts are the same for either leg. It can not be recomended to become weight bearing with out knowing the degree of damage done by the sprain. Dr. Biehler

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/06/00 at 22:00 (027431)

Has anyone looked at your ankle. ????. Any doctor make comments about your ankle. Did you break the ankle???

Paula on 9/06/00 at 22:20 (027436)

went to emergency room over labor day for sprained ankle . 2 pod residents put ace bandage and told me to walk on crutches, i told them i can't hold myself up with crutches and one leg. they got enraged that i questioned them. ten minutes out of er i sprained other ankle and then came down hard inadvertently on already sprained ankle. now in wheel chair. x rays before the last 2 sprains showed no fracture. oh, podiatrist before this ignored my sprained ankle and spent 30 minutes argueing with me that he wanted to give me cortisone injections every week for a year and refused to tape my ankle and told me he didn't care about my pain/. out of money now for drs. been out of work 2 monnths with fasciits. what now?

Paula on 9/06/00 at 22:25 (027437)

oh, also. learned a sprained ankle taping techniaue from internet and taped both ankles as best i can. and just sit here in pain wondering about the medical profession (except for a few angels like yourself and dr beiler). any ideas for me?

Nancy S. on 9/07/00 at 07:20 (027449)

Whoops -- I made a mistake, forgetting about the sprained ankle. Dr. Z., do you want my honorary doctor award back.
Nancy

Dr. Biehler on 9/07/00 at 10:18 (027465)

I don't know where you live but in NY City if you call a hospital and talk to the social workers or the in hospital clinic department you can arrainge to see their doctors in the hospital clinc. The cost is scaled and based on income. When I was in Podiatry school with out an income the cost was $20 for their full services.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/07/00 at 20:04 (027512)

There are seven Colleges of Podiatric medicine in the USA. Dr. Biehler idea is even better.

Laurie Lambert on 9/10/00 at 02:54 (027794)

In Oct. I am taking a trip to Las Vegas and I told my Doctor today that my Mom was joking about getting a wheelchair for my and my Doc said we should and that it was a very good idea. No I am more confused then ever.

Dr. Biehler on 9/06/00 at 20:55 (027423)

The walking casts are the same for either leg. It can not be recomended to become weight bearing with out knowing the degree of damage done by the sprain. Dr. Biehler

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/06/00 at 22:00 (027431)

Has anyone looked at your ankle. ????. Any doctor make comments about your ankle. Did you break the ankle???

Paula on 9/06/00 at 22:20 (027436)

went to emergency room over labor day for sprained ankle . 2 pod residents put ace bandage and told me to walk on crutches, i told them i can't hold myself up with crutches and one leg. they got enraged that i questioned them. ten minutes out of er i sprained other ankle and then came down hard inadvertently on already sprained ankle. now in wheel chair. x rays before the last 2 sprains showed no fracture. oh, podiatrist before this ignored my sprained ankle and spent 30 minutes argueing with me that he wanted to give me cortisone injections every week for a year and refused to tape my ankle and told me he didn't care about my pain/. out of money now for drs. been out of work 2 monnths with fasciits. what now?

Paula on 9/06/00 at 22:25 (027437)

oh, also. learned a sprained ankle taping techniaue from internet and taped both ankles as best i can. and just sit here in pain wondering about the medical profession (except for a few angels like yourself and dr beiler). any ideas for me?

Nancy S. on 9/07/00 at 07:20 (027449)

Whoops -- I made a mistake, forgetting about the sprained ankle. Dr. Z., do you want my honorary doctor award back.
Nancy

Dr. Biehler on 9/07/00 at 10:18 (027465)

I don't know where you live but in NY City if you call a hospital and talk to the social workers or the in hospital clinic department you can arrainge to see their doctors in the hospital clinc. The cost is scaled and based on income. When I was in Podiatry school with out an income the cost was $20 for their full services.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/07/00 at 20:04 (027512)

There are seven Colleges of Podiatric medicine in the USA. Dr. Biehler idea is even better.

Laurie Lambert on 9/10/00 at 02:54 (027794)

In Oct. I am taking a trip to Las Vegas and I told my Doctor today that my Mom was joking about getting a wheelchair for my and my Doc said we should and that it was a very good idea. No I am more confused then ever.