Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

MIA- TTS and all that stuff-P.S. Wendyn

Posted by dfeet on 9/07/00 at 09:56 (027461)

Hi. It's been a while. I find with my new job that I don't have any time to do much of anything anymore. I will probably not be able to be a frequent poster, but I will try when I can. There have been a lot of changes to the board. Nice. I especially like the Docs inputs. Well, I think my last post was telling all about my 'progress'. Well it took a bit of a nose-dive. This TTS @##$%!!!!
My mind just can't believe how one day you feel pretty good, then SLAM-back to the pain. I'm kind of sick of devoting a portion of my brain cells to this thing. It takes so much energy to meditate the pain away on a daily basis-in addition to the large quantities of IB, ice, IB cream, etc. Well, I'm sorry , I don't have much more to say. I'm not in a very good place right now. I've discussed in lenght my feelings with my orthopod and PT.
Orthopod-well, you have to live your life. You really can't do anymore damage than that which has already been done. Surgery may be an option. Thanks.
PT-get an epidural(translation-let someone stick a big long needle in your spine with anesthesia and see what happens). No thanks.
Family Physician-Well, you could just let your nerves burn themselves out, but then you may develope weak feet and have trouble walking anyway. See ya.
I'm not sure what my next course will be. I have a lot of thinking to do. I do know that I'm trying to regain some normalcy, even though I have the pain. I'll try to keep you posted.
Wendyn, I noticed that you had really bad days last tues and wed. Me too. Really really bad. Was it a little the weather? I'm in New England.-dfeet

Re: MIA- TTS and all that stuff-P.S. Wendyn

john h on 9/07/00 at 11:01 (027473)

sometimes you just have to backup and start over from scratch wendy. forget everything you think you know about your feet and pretend you are just starting out and looking for a diagnosis. if you can afford it go to a large teaching hospital like mayo,hopkins, or wherever and do a complete workup with all the experts at the one location. sometime we lock in on something as a diagnosis and fail to consider other things like not seeing the forest for the trees.

wendyn on 9/07/00 at 20:00 (027510)

John - I think your note was to Dfeet and not me.

Dfeet - we did have a big change in the weather last week - but the opposite of what you have. My aunt just flew in from New England and she said it's been really hot there.

Here it got really cold and rainy last week - just a few degrees above freezing. I think my set back was from irresponsibility on my part more than the weather.

dfeet on 9/07/00 at 22:01 (027525)

hi,johnh. thanks for your info on the epidural and above. you're right ,maybe I need a fresh approach. I've always had the fight until you drop attitude-typeA,competitive. Sometimes to my detriment. Psychologically I feel like this should have ended by now,and I guess being the 'A' that I am I'm having a difficult time adjusting to the fight. You're right though,I think I'll consider a new strategy. Thanks again-dfeet

john h on 9/07/00 at 11:01 (027473)

sometimes you just have to backup and start over from scratch wendy. forget everything you think you know about your feet and pretend you are just starting out and looking for a diagnosis. if you can afford it go to a large teaching hospital like mayo,hopkins, or wherever and do a complete workup with all the experts at the one location. sometime we lock in on something as a diagnosis and fail to consider other things like not seeing the forest for the trees.

wendyn on 9/07/00 at 20:00 (027510)

John - I think your note was to Dfeet and not me.

Dfeet - we did have a big change in the weather last week - but the opposite of what you have. My aunt just flew in from New England and she said it's been really hot there.

Here it got really cold and rainy last week - just a few degrees above freezing. I think my set back was from irresponsibility on my part more than the weather.

dfeet on 9/07/00 at 22:01 (027525)

hi,johnh. thanks for your info on the epidural and above. you're right ,maybe I need a fresh approach. I've always had the fight until you drop attitude-typeA,competitive. Sometimes to my detriment. Psychologically I feel like this should have ended by now,and I guess being the 'A' that I am I'm having a difficult time adjusting to the fight. You're right though,I think I'll consider a new strategy. Thanks again-dfeet