Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Paul S. Question for you

Posted by salina on 9/07/00 at 21:39 (027523)

Hi Paul S. I read your earlier post about the noppy birks. And noticed you said you live in Germany.
Have you thought about getting the eswt treatment done in Germany?
I understand they have been doing eswt for several years now.
Do you have a doctor treating you for pf now?
And, what are your symptoms? Sorry for several questions at once.
I am curious because I am very interested in getting eswt treatments in the future if I cannot beat this pf. We could move to Germany next year, possibly. And I am wondering if i will be able to find more doctors available there that do the eswt than in the states.
It might be something you should look into also.

Re: Paul S. Question for you

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/07/00 at 22:30 (027532)

Dr. Rhompe is the king of ESWT in Germany I am told. Look on the doctor message board.

Re: Got it, Thanks Dr. Z

salina on 9/08/00 at 12:33 (027566)

Thank you. For those interested, the address is http://www.ismst.com
International Society for Musculator Shockwave Therapy.

I think Paul S. should definately consider finding a doctor to do eswt on his feet. I hope he checks it out.

PaulS on 9/10/00 at 04:02 (027795)

Thanks for the suggestions about EWST and for the reference, Dr Zuckerman. I hadn't considered this before, but I will do some research into the possibilities here in Germany (being able to read German will be an advantage!) and report back.
To answer your question about my symptoms, Salina, my problem started over a year ago when I tore my right achilles tendon slightly. This has never healed properly and it is now much thicker than the left one. Just before Christmas last year I was vacuuming the carpet when I felt a brief stabbing pain in the bottom of my left foot. I thought I had stepped on a thumbtack, but had obviously torn the fascia. Since then I have had problems with a dull aching in the arch which increases the longer I am standing or walking. I have not suffered from the classic first step in the morning heel pain.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/07/00 at 22:30 (027532)

Dr. Rhompe is the king of ESWT in Germany I am told. Look on the doctor message board.

Re: Got it, Thanks Dr. Z

salina on 9/08/00 at 12:33 (027566)

Thank you. For those interested, the address is http://www.ismst.com
International Society for Musculator Shockwave Therapy.

I think Paul S. should definately consider finding a doctor to do eswt on his feet. I hope he checks it out.

PaulS on 9/10/00 at 04:02 (027795)

Thanks for the suggestions about EWST and for the reference, Dr Zuckerman. I hadn't considered this before, but I will do some research into the possibilities here in Germany (being able to read German will be an advantage!) and report back.
To answer your question about my symptoms, Salina, my problem started over a year ago when I tore my right achilles tendon slightly. This has never healed properly and it is now much thicker than the left one. Just before Christmas last year I was vacuuming the carpet when I felt a brief stabbing pain in the bottom of my left foot. I thought I had stepped on a thumbtack, but had obviously torn the fascia. Since then I have had problems with a dull aching in the arch which increases the longer I am standing or walking. I have not suffered from the classic first step in the morning heel pain.