Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Fascitis

Posted by Natalie on 9/08/00 at 00:06 (027538)

Back in April, I ruptured my plantar fascia. I was put in a cast for several weeks and then therapy. I'm back on my feet now, but the pain has transferred to the center of my foot. It never seems to let up. Feels like one sore, tired muscle. Anyone out there that can give me suggestions on how to alleviate this 'chronic' pain?

Re: Plantar Fascitis

Dr. Biehler on 9/08/00 at 12:07 (027563)

A ruptured fascia takes quite a while to heal. You have to find out what caused it to rupture in the first place and see if these forces are still putting pressure on the fascia. You might need some kind of soft comfortable arch support to help you get through this period of healing.

Re: Plantar Fascitis

Dr. Biehler on 9/08/00 at 12:07 (027563)

A ruptured fascia takes quite a while to heal. You have to find out what caused it to rupture in the first place and see if these forces are still putting pressure on the fascia. You might need some kind of soft comfortable arch support to help you get through this period of healing.