Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT ?

Posted by Barbara S. on 9/08/00 at 09:02 (027548)

I am wondering, if the ESWT is 30-45 minutes, does the machine stay on the focal point for that long, or are you counting shots/preptime, etc. Have you ever tried this procedure on anyone without the shot for pain? Thanks! B.

Re: ESWT ?

Dr. Biehler on 9/08/00 at 10:09 (027551)

You can feel the pressure wave with your hand placed next to the foot that is being treated. You can tell that the foot needs to be numb first. You count the shocks, this takes the 30 to 40 minutes. The head is rotated 90 degress half way through. This does not count the prep time and the time it takes for the foot to go numb from the shot, mabe another 20 minutes.

Martha B on 9/08/00 at 13:59 (027571)

If the orbasone is anything like the ossatron you sure want an injection. The 2 injections I had were less uncomfy than a dental injection. My procedure (actual ossatroning) didnt take but 12
minutes but I was there 2 hours. They gave plenty of time to assure
anesthesia.They moved my foot around on the machine-not the machine around my foot. My husband watched the whole procedure.

john h on 9/08/00 at 16:20 (027595)

i asked the question to dr z about orbasone without shots. with the shots the first 5-10 zaps were real zingers and then the pain went away. he told me without shots i would want 300 shots during and after the treatment. those are powerful shockwaves, probably faster than the speed of sound and even with the shots the first 10 get your attention.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/08/00 at 17:54 (027610)

The orbasone is three thousand shocks . Rate of orbasoning is about 100 pulses per minute. So that's about 30 minutes of joy. I never counted the shocks but 89 is the rate that company told me I just round it off.

Dr. Biehler on 9/08/00 at 10:09 (027551)

You can feel the pressure wave with your hand placed next to the foot that is being treated. You can tell that the foot needs to be numb first. You count the shocks, this takes the 30 to 40 minutes. The head is rotated 90 degress half way through. This does not count the prep time and the time it takes for the foot to go numb from the shot, mabe another 20 minutes.

Martha B on 9/08/00 at 13:59 (027571)

If the orbasone is anything like the ossatron you sure want an injection. The 2 injections I had were less uncomfy than a dental injection. My procedure (actual ossatroning) didnt take but 12
minutes but I was there 2 hours. They gave plenty of time to assure
anesthesia.They moved my foot around on the machine-not the machine around my foot. My husband watched the whole procedure.

john h on 9/08/00 at 16:20 (027595)

i asked the question to dr z about orbasone without shots. with the shots the first 5-10 zaps were real zingers and then the pain went away. he told me without shots i would want 300 shots during and after the treatment. those are powerful shockwaves, probably faster than the speed of sound and even with the shots the first 10 get your attention.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/08/00 at 17:54 (027610)

The orbasone is three thousand shocks . Rate of orbasoning is about 100 pulses per minute. So that's about 30 minutes of joy. I never counted the shocks but 89 is the rate that company told me I just round it off.