Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Celebrex vs. Arthrotec

Posted by Dena Taylor on 9/08/00 at 10:13 (027553)

I've been taking Arthrotec for my degenerative arthritis for almost 2 years. With the brutal onset of PF in both feet, I'm wondering if a switch to Celebrex wouldn't be worth a try.

Anyone care to comment on the pros and cons of Celebrex?

Re: Celebrex vs. Arthrotec

Dr. Biehler on 9/08/00 at 12:16 (027564)

Celebrex is supost to be alittle easier on the stomach. Their method of action are very close, one inhibits and enzyme and the other competavly competes with an enzyme. Differences in their effect probably depends more on the individule patient than the medication.

Barbara S. on 9/08/00 at 12:23 (027565)

I find that its MUCH easier on my stomach, but it is very expensive. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/08/00 at 22:19 (027637)

For some reason and I am glad this happens. Vioxx helps pf and foot pain better then the others. This is what I have observated and patients have told me. Try Vioxx. It's one 25mgs daily with some food.

Dr. Biehler on 9/08/00 at 12:16 (027564)

Celebrex is supost to be alittle easier on the stomach. Their method of action are very close, one inhibits and enzyme and the other competavly competes with an enzyme. Differences in their effect probably depends more on the individule patient than the medication.

Barbara S. on 9/08/00 at 12:23 (027565)

I find that its MUCH easier on my stomach, but it is very expensive. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/08/00 at 22:19 (027637)

For some reason and I am glad this happens. Vioxx helps pf and foot pain better then the others. This is what I have observated and patients have told me. Try Vioxx. It's one 25mgs daily with some food.