Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

You know you have had PF too long when-----

Posted by Pauline on 9/08/00 at 15:45 (027586)

You get up extra early to talk to the Milk Man for lack of other outside conversation.

Re: You know you have had PF too long when-----

JudyS on 9/08/00 at 15:53 (027589)

your hubby begins using YOUR sore feet as an excuse to get out of work that takes two people........

Dena Taylor on 9/08/00 at 15:56 (027590)

your dogs bring you tape, scissors, frozen water bottles and no longer even slow down by the leashes.

sandy h. on 9/08/00 at 21:41 (027634)

you have your podiatrists and physical therapists phone numbers memorized

Barbara S. on 9/08/00 at 22:50 (027641)

You tell your five year only to pick up his toys, and he says 'I'm sorry, I can't because of my hurtie foot.'

Nancy S. on 9/08/00 at 23:02 (027643)

you shrink back in HORROR when anyone comes within ten feet of your feet.

you are extremely grateful for a day when no one asks about your feet.

you don't return phone calls for fear of someone asking about your feet.

you ask your husband to get your ice wraps from the freezer and no longer feel guilty about it.

you feel extremely accomplished if you manage to run two errands instead of one in a single day.

you forget to wash your hair because it hurts to step into the tub.

you start to notice that you are less interested in being with friends who have no foot problem (this is not good!)

you stop taking basics (like walking) for granted (this is good!)

on certain days you get a sudden urge to mow down with your van all those people walking normally (oh well . . . the human condition)

Nancy S. on 9/08/00 at 23:08 (027646)

Barbara, that is downright cute. I'm expecting my cats to start pulling the same thing any day now: 'I can't not chew on the houseplant, because of my hurtie paw.'

Beverly on 9/09/00 at 00:18 (027677)

You start thinking your Dansko sandals are your 'dressy' shoes

You think the 'fashion' Birk line is stylish and look forward to 'graduating' to the 'fashion' Birk

You look at women on TV and in the movies, see their shoes, and think,
'Those shoes are going to kill you someday!'

You drive by the gym and feel hostility towards the people you know who are inside having a great time...

Beverly

JudyS on 9/09/00 at 10:41 (027694)

you start recognizing the truly perfect moments in life.....
like right now; early AM, I get to read you guys while I have my coffee (you've been up longer than me, 'cept Nancy who doesn't seem to actually sleep), My desk is clean with some beautiful sun streaming on to in through the crisp morning air, cat in the windowsill (after traversing the keyboard to get there), Rod Stewert asking if he's told me lately that he loves me. A perfect moment.

Nancy S. on 9/09/00 at 10:59 (027696)

Judy, your DESK is CLEAN? Well that does sound like a perfect moment. You're way ahead of me.
Yes I do too sleep! Just not always when the rest of the world is sleeping . . . As I've mentioned before, I wish there were a few more insomniacs on the board, though last night was pretty darned good!
Nancy

JudyS on 9/09/00 at 11:10 (027697)

Yep - cleaned off the 'construction dust'......that's what I get for insisting on parking my desk in front of the window! Oh, and I neglected to mention that there's a Maine 'Nubble Light' candle burning on the clean surface!

Kim B. on 9/09/00 at 11:43 (027702)

That two timming Rod Stewart! :-)

Re: Thanks You know you have had PF too long when-----

Pauline on 9/09/00 at 12:17 (027709)

Thanks---You all did a wonderful job. I needed to laugh today.

JudyS on 9/08/00 at 15:53 (027589)

your hubby begins using YOUR sore feet as an excuse to get out of work that takes two people........

Dena Taylor on 9/08/00 at 15:56 (027590)

your dogs bring you tape, scissors, frozen water bottles and no longer even slow down by the leashes.

sandy h. on 9/08/00 at 21:41 (027634)

you have your podiatrists and physical therapists phone numbers memorized

Barbara S. on 9/08/00 at 22:50 (027641)

You tell your five year only to pick up his toys, and he says 'I'm sorry, I can't because of my hurtie foot.'

Nancy S. on 9/08/00 at 23:02 (027643)

you shrink back in HORROR when anyone comes within ten feet of your feet.

you are extremely grateful for a day when no one asks about your feet.

you don't return phone calls for fear of someone asking about your feet.

you ask your husband to get your ice wraps from the freezer and no longer feel guilty about it.

you feel extremely accomplished if you manage to run two errands instead of one in a single day.

you forget to wash your hair because it hurts to step into the tub.

you start to notice that you are less interested in being with friends who have no foot problem (this is not good!)

you stop taking basics (like walking) for granted (this is good!)

on certain days you get a sudden urge to mow down with your van all those people walking normally (oh well . . . the human condition)

Nancy S. on 9/08/00 at 23:08 (027646)

Barbara, that is downright cute. I'm expecting my cats to start pulling the same thing any day now: 'I can't not chew on the houseplant, because of my hurtie paw.'

Beverly on 9/09/00 at 00:18 (027677)

You start thinking your Dansko sandals are your 'dressy' shoes

You think the 'fashion' Birk line is stylish and look forward to 'graduating' to the 'fashion' Birk

You look at women on TV and in the movies, see their shoes, and think,
'Those shoes are going to kill you someday!'

You drive by the gym and feel hostility towards the people you know who are inside having a great time...

Beverly

JudyS on 9/09/00 at 10:41 (027694)

you start recognizing the truly perfect moments in life.....
like right now; early AM, I get to read you guys while I have my coffee (you've been up longer than me, 'cept Nancy who doesn't seem to actually sleep), My desk is clean with some beautiful sun streaming on to in through the crisp morning air, cat in the windowsill (after traversing the keyboard to get there), Rod Stewert asking if he's told me lately that he loves me. A perfect moment.

Nancy S. on 9/09/00 at 10:59 (027696)

Judy, your DESK is CLEAN? Well that does sound like a perfect moment. You're way ahead of me.
Yes I do too sleep! Just not always when the rest of the world is sleeping . . . As I've mentioned before, I wish there were a few more insomniacs on the board, though last night was pretty darned good!
Nancy

JudyS on 9/09/00 at 11:10 (027697)

Yep - cleaned off the 'construction dust'......that's what I get for insisting on parking my desk in front of the window! Oh, and I neglected to mention that there's a Maine 'Nubble Light' candle burning on the clean surface!

Kim B. on 9/09/00 at 11:43 (027702)

That two timming Rod Stewart! :-)

Re: Thanks You know you have had PF too long when-----

Pauline on 9/09/00 at 12:17 (027709)

Thanks---You all did a wonderful job. I needed to laugh today.