Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Personal Foot Trainers and my email

Posted by Scott R on 9/08/00 at 17:31 (027605)

I can't reply email messages right now. My cable modem is broke.

Does anyone know if Mike W is still selling the PFTs? I got a complaint that indicates he's not in business anymore.

Re: Personal Foot Trainers and my email

Kim B. on 9/08/00 at 17:44 (027608)

Interesting question, would love to the answer too. (He's probably in Tahiti with a sweetie.)

Kim B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/08/00 at 17:50 (027609)

I spoke with him a few weeks ago. He was working on improvement for the PFT. I hope this rumor isn't true.

JudyS on 9/08/00 at 19:58 (027624)

Scott, if you're referring to the copy of an email to Mike that I sent you you've got me confused. My email to Mike doesn't say anything about his going out of business, it only says that UPS is having trouble getting him or Maximum Health to take posession of my returned PFT's.
As I indicated before, I've returned them because my PT and I feel that I can duplicate their exercises with my home gym equipment.
My return has become problematic because there are several technical hoops that have to be jumped through with an International shipment/return. Mail Boxes Etc. made errors initially and now the PFT's have sat in a Canadian warehouse for 10 days waiting for Mike or someone to respond to UPS and collect them.
Curiously though, in spite of a reference on Mike's website for 'Maximum Health Products' - and in spite of MH's return address on the carton they came in, when I called Maximum Health this morning they said the PFT's are not a Maximum Health thing and they gave me a different number for Mike. I called, he wasn't in and he hasn't answered my recent emails about the UPS hangup. However, when I first emailed him 2 weeks ago to tell him I was returning them he was very gracious. It's quite possible that he's only out on vacation or something so I'll just wait and see. No rumors here! It's probably a good case for miscommunication. BTW, it cost me $14.00 to ship them back...

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/08/00 at 22:14 (027635)

I give persoanl foot trainer to every one of my heel pain patients.
I have been unable to find any home gym product or any gym product that can duplicate or in any way come close to the personal foot trainers.
I have never met or have any personal interest in this product except for the fact that they work. The concept behind pft is one of isometic stretching . Please educate me as to how =gym excerises can duplicate pft. This isn't a test or challenge I just would like to know your opinion. There is always one, two, or even three ways to skin a cat as they say . Where do they say this. Thanks. Dr. Zuckerman

Re: Back on PFT/routine modified by my PT

Beverly on 9/08/00 at 23:39 (027664)

Dr. Z's continued endorsement of the PFT and my PT's encouragement to try them again got me to 'brave' another try today. (As you may remember, I got carried away with it on my own and caused increased pain.)

This time, my PT stood over me, saying 'easy... lighter...' In other words, it is very easy to push or push too hard. And she just has me doing a few of the positions. We will work up to the rest of them.
I am happy to say I left PT feeling no worse for the wear, and I am encouraged that with proper instruction I will be able to give the PFT a fair go. I'm waiting until I see PT again next week to try PFT again. In the meantime, I am doing my regular stretches.

I agree that these positions are unique. It remains to be seen whether it helps me, but I will say that Mike's customer service is excellent.
Beverly

Denise on 9/09/00 at 06:49 (027680)

DrZ, I'm interested in the PFT. Can I get one through you in the mail and does it come with instructions or did I have to come for a visit?
That wouldn't be impossible for me because I live in Maryland and My husband goes to NJ practically every weekend in the fall because he is an avid Rutgers football fan.

Let me know. thanks.

john h on 9/09/00 at 09:23 (027686)

dr z sure had a bunch of the foot trainers in his office.

denise on 9/09/00 at 13:28 (027714)

John, Have you used PFTs? If so, do they help.

Just bought a pair of ecco shoes and they feel great!

wendyn on 9/09/00 at 14:16 (027721)

I have his phone number somewhere. You want me to call him?

Denise on 9/09/00 at 17:14 (027737)

Wendyn, Yes. Have you tried a PFT yourself? Sounds like something you should do the rest of your life since I am beginning to wonder if anyone is ever 'cured' of PF.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/09/00 at 17:24 (027741)

Let me see how many we have in the office. With customs from Canada it takes time to get and they can get back ordered. My office is right off of the New Jersey turnpike( fifteen -twenty minutes). Let me ask my office manager what our stock is like.

wendyn on 9/09/00 at 18:50 (027748)

Kay - I left a message at his office number. Hopefully he'll call back. No I have not tried one, just one of the many things I mean to do but haven't got around to doing yet.

john h on 9/09/00 at 19:30 (027758)

i have a pft and have echo sandals and shoes. i do not know if they help or not. that sounds stupid but that is the way it is.

Re: PFT

Kim B. on 9/09/00 at 19:49 (027763)

I've had the PFT for about 4 weeks now, I can't tell if it is helping either. Part of the time, my neck has been severly aggravated, probably not related to the use of PFT, but because everything increases my neck pain for the moment, I have been very moderate in my usage of it.

It seems to make my arms a little tired, but then again, at this point just about everything does. I have been very mindful of the previous posts that said it is easy to overdo it in the beginning. If anything, I have under-used it. I also recently bought the Calf Step Stretch, and it gives a real good stretch. Helps with proper alignment of the ankles I belive. My initial plan was to go at it both ways, stetching and strenghthing. Will see. Kim B.

Kim B. on 9/08/00 at 17:44 (027608)

Interesting question, would love to the answer too. (He's probably in Tahiti with a sweetie.)

Kim B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/08/00 at 17:50 (027609)

I spoke with him a few weeks ago. He was working on improvement for the PFT. I hope this rumor isn't true.

JudyS on 9/08/00 at 19:58 (027624)

Scott, if you're referring to the copy of an email to Mike that I sent you you've got me confused. My email to Mike doesn't say anything about his going out of business, it only says that UPS is having trouble getting him or Maximum Health to take posession of my returned PFT's.
As I indicated before, I've returned them because my PT and I feel that I can duplicate their exercises with my home gym equipment.
My return has become problematic because there are several technical hoops that have to be jumped through with an International shipment/return. Mail Boxes Etc. made errors initially and now the PFT's have sat in a Canadian warehouse for 10 days waiting for Mike or someone to respond to UPS and collect them.
Curiously though, in spite of a reference on Mike's website for 'Maximum Health Products' - and in spite of MH's return address on the carton they came in, when I called Maximum Health this morning they said the PFT's are not a Maximum Health thing and they gave me a different number for Mike. I called, he wasn't in and he hasn't answered my recent emails about the UPS hangup. However, when I first emailed him 2 weeks ago to tell him I was returning them he was very gracious. It's quite possible that he's only out on vacation or something so I'll just wait and see. No rumors here! It's probably a good case for miscommunication. BTW, it cost me $14.00 to ship them back...

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/08/00 at 22:14 (027635)

I give persoanl foot trainer to every one of my heel pain patients.
I have been unable to find any home gym product or any gym product that can duplicate or in any way come close to the personal foot trainers.
I have never met or have any personal interest in this product except for the fact that they work. The concept behind pft is one of isometic stretching . Please educate me as to how =gym excerises can duplicate pft. This isn't a test or challenge I just would like to know your opinion. There is always one, two, or even three ways to skin a cat as they say . Where do they say this. Thanks. Dr. Zuckerman

Re: Back on PFT/routine modified by my PT

Beverly on 9/08/00 at 23:39 (027664)

Dr. Z's continued endorsement of the PFT and my PT's encouragement to try them again got me to 'brave' another try today. (As you may remember, I got carried away with it on my own and caused increased pain.)

This time, my PT stood over me, saying 'easy... lighter...' In other words, it is very easy to push or push too hard. And she just has me doing a few of the positions. We will work up to the rest of them.
I am happy to say I left PT feeling no worse for the wear, and I am encouraged that with proper instruction I will be able to give the PFT a fair go. I'm waiting until I see PT again next week to try PFT again. In the meantime, I am doing my regular stretches.

I agree that these positions are unique. It remains to be seen whether it helps me, but I will say that Mike's customer service is excellent.
Beverly

Denise on 9/09/00 at 06:49 (027680)

DrZ, I'm interested in the PFT. Can I get one through you in the mail and does it come with instructions or did I have to come for a visit?
That wouldn't be impossible for me because I live in Maryland and My husband goes to NJ practically every weekend in the fall because he is an avid Rutgers football fan.

Let me know. thanks.

john h on 9/09/00 at 09:23 (027686)

dr z sure had a bunch of the foot trainers in his office.

denise on 9/09/00 at 13:28 (027714)

John, Have you used PFTs? If so, do they help.

Just bought a pair of ecco shoes and they feel great!

wendyn on 9/09/00 at 14:16 (027721)

I have his phone number somewhere. You want me to call him?

Denise on 9/09/00 at 17:14 (027737)

Wendyn, Yes. Have you tried a PFT yourself? Sounds like something you should do the rest of your life since I am beginning to wonder if anyone is ever 'cured' of PF.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/09/00 at 17:24 (027741)

Let me see how many we have in the office. With customs from Canada it takes time to get and they can get back ordered. My office is right off of the New Jersey turnpike( fifteen -twenty minutes). Let me ask my office manager what our stock is like.

wendyn on 9/09/00 at 18:50 (027748)

Kay - I left a message at his office number. Hopefully he'll call back. No I have not tried one, just one of the many things I mean to do but haven't got around to doing yet.

john h on 9/09/00 at 19:30 (027758)

i have a pft and have echo sandals and shoes. i do not know if they help or not. that sounds stupid but that is the way it is.

Re: PFT

Kim B. on 9/09/00 at 19:49 (027763)

I've had the PFT for about 4 weeks now, I can't tell if it is helping either. Part of the time, my neck has been severly aggravated, probably not related to the use of PFT, but because everything increases my neck pain for the moment, I have been very moderate in my usage of it.

It seems to make my arms a little tired, but then again, at this point just about everything does. I have been very mindful of the previous posts that said it is easy to overdo it in the beginning. If anything, I have under-used it. I also recently bought the Calf Step Stretch, and it gives a real good stretch. Helps with proper alignment of the ankles I belive. My initial plan was to go at it both ways, stetching and strenghthing. Will see. Kim B.