Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

thanks dr z and another question

Posted by Paula on 9/09/00 at 15:07 (027728)

thanks for suggesting the atlanta drs. i will call monday. question: i tried vioxx and it helped a lot with foot but got terrible stomach cramps and diarhea. swithced to celebrex but not as effective . am considering going back to the vioxx and putting up with the side effects beleive it or not, terrible stomach cramp pain is much better than this horrible foot pain. any thing a person can take to counteract this side effect?

Re: thanks dr z and another question

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/10/00 at 07:10 (027804)

Need to understand the danger of what the stomach pain maybe . There are medication combinations that can be used but the stomach cramping is a sign of on coming potential ulceration. I will discuss with the vioxx doctor ( the company) and see what they say about this problem and if they have a suggestion. My common sense would tell me to look out for this sign. not sign why one and not both( celebrex )would do this . This is why I will look into this for you

Re: To Paula thanks dr z and another question

Pauline on 9/10/00 at 10:46 (027816)

Some people on this board have had success with Bromelain. Its available at health food stores. Type it in under the Search area
and you can read what they have to say about it.

Re: thanks dr z and another question

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/10/00 at 07:10 (027804)

Need to understand the danger of what the stomach pain maybe . There are medication combinations that can be used but the stomach cramping is a sign of on coming potential ulceration. I will discuss with the vioxx doctor ( the company) and see what they say about this problem and if they have a suggestion. My common sense would tell me to look out for this sign. not sign why one and not both( celebrex )would do this . This is why I will look into this for you

Re: To Paula thanks dr z and another question

Pauline on 9/10/00 at 10:46 (027816)

Some people on this board have had success with Bromelain. Its available at health food stores. Type it in under the Search area
and you can read what they have to say about it.