Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Mueller AirCast

Posted by Joopie on 9/09/00 at 21:29 (027767)

I have been searching high and low - the only place I could find this for the right foot was one Long's Drug stores. No left foot, though. ANy ideas? Dr. Z suggested this for me in an earlier post... Thanks much for your help!

Re: Mueller AirCast

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/09/00 at 21:36 (027769)

I don't recall recommended a mueller aircast. I am not sure what a mueller aircast is. What I think I was talking about was as aircast.

Nancy S. on 9/10/00 at 04:48 (027797)

Joopie, I have a good aircast (through my dr.) and I'm looking at the label on it. It looks like the company's name is 'Aircast' or 'CE Aircast,' and they have an 800 number: 1-800-526-8785. The cast itself they call 'pneumatic walker.' Hope this helps you.
Nancy

Re: To Nancy Mueller AirCast

Pauline on 9/10/00 at 10:20 (027812)

Are you making any progress using the air cast? How long have you
been in it?

Nancy S. on 9/10/00 at 11:34 (027821)

Pauline, I do think the aircast helps. But keep in mind I'm using it for very painful achilles, peroneal, and post. tib. tendonitis. I had it on the worst foot (the one that also has PF) for three weeks, which brought down some of the swelling. Now I alternate it (for the past two weeks) between feet to give a rest of the tendons in both feet.
The only problem now is that when it's on the non-PF foot, I have to wear a hiking boot with inserts on the PF foot, so I feel the PF a bit more then. I'm not too worried about that -- when I get back to Birks, I feel sure that will recede as it did in the past.
I don't wear the cast every second. I take it off three times a day to exercise, stretch, and ice; and ofcourse it's off for PT. Late in the evening, after my last foot routine at home, I tend to revert to my Birks for getting around the house.
Nancy

Re: Dr. Z - AirCast?

Joopie on 9/10/00 at 23:07 (027865)

Do you know the brand? Can I get it over the counter or do I need a Doc recommendation? Thanks.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/09/00 at 21:36 (027769)

I don't recall recommended a mueller aircast. I am not sure what a mueller aircast is. What I think I was talking about was as aircast.

Nancy S. on 9/10/00 at 04:48 (027797)

Joopie, I have a good aircast (through my dr.) and I'm looking at the label on it. It looks like the company's name is 'Aircast' or 'CE Aircast,' and they have an 800 number: 1-800-526-8785. The cast itself they call 'pneumatic walker.' Hope this helps you.
Nancy

Pauline on 9/10/00 at 10:20 (027812)

Are you making any progress using the air cast? How long have you
been in it?

Nancy S. on 9/10/00 at 11:34 (027821)

Pauline, I do think the aircast helps. But keep in mind I'm using it for very painful achilles, peroneal, and post. tib. tendonitis. I had it on the worst foot (the one that also has PF) for three weeks, which brought down some of the swelling. Now I alternate it (for the past two weeks) between feet to give a rest of the tendons in both feet.
The only problem now is that when it's on the non-PF foot, I have to wear a hiking boot with inserts on the PF foot, so I feel the PF a bit more then. I'm not too worried about that -- when I get back to Birks, I feel sure that will recede as it did in the past.
I don't wear the cast every second. I take it off three times a day to exercise, stretch, and ice; and ofcourse it's off for PT. Late in the evening, after my last foot routine at home, I tend to revert to my Birks for getting around the house.
Nancy

Re: Dr. Z - AirCast?

Joopie on 9/10/00 at 23:07 (027865)

Do you know the brand? Can I get it over the counter or do I need a Doc recommendation? Thanks.