Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Personal Survey What type of Dr. did your release surgery and how much conservative treatment?

Posted by Pauline on 9/10/00 at 11:16 (027819)

For those posting about their release surgery,I am interested in finding out what type of Dr. ( Pod or Ortho or other) did their surgery and how many weeks, months or years of conservative treatment before the surgery was performed. This information is not in Scotts surveys and is of interest to me. Thanks to all that answer.

Re: Personal Survey What type of Dr. did your release surgery and how much conservative treatment?

CHERYL on 9/10/00 at 17:25 (027841)

MY CHOICE OF DR IS MY PODIATRIST.....I CONSULTED WITH ORTHO GUYS AND SURGEONS AND ENDED UP BEING MOST COMFORTABLE WITH THE POD BECAUSE HE INSISTED ON CONSERVATIVE TREATMENT FOR AT LEAST ONE YEAR...I HAVE BEN IN CASTS ON CRUTCHES WALKING CAST RESTING SINCE LAST AUGUST AND I AM STILL HURTING SO I WILL BE HAVING THE SURGERY 9/15.......CHERYL

Re: Personal Survey What type of Dr. did your release surgery and how much conservative treatment?

T. Hurst on 9/10/00 at 20:07 (027851)

Epf surgery on both feet by podiatrist. 1 year conservative treatment.

Nancy M on 9/10/00 at 22:42 (027860)

I had EPF surgery (1/3 release)on both feet by podiatrist. Approximately 1 year conservative treatment.

Nancy M in AZ

Dianab on 9/11/00 at 06:56 (027877)

Had epf sugery 2/29/00 after 1 year treatment and now I am scheduled for open release on 9/19/00, same foot.

Amy on 9/11/00 at 13:02 (027909)

Had open plantar fascia surgery 3/4 release on 09-05-00 by ortho surg. 8 months consertive treatment. Left foot scheduled for January.

Bob Ray on 9/12/00 at 15:02 (028033)

I had a Orthopedic Surgeon(John Beck) do my release after 1 year of various treatment. Surgery August 1999. Result maybe 20% improved. But complicated by PF. Had Eswt twice within this last month.. Too early to tell if that is effective.

KarenS on 9/12/00 at 23:49 (028071)

Had open release and heel spur removal done by orthopedic surgeon on June 29th, 2000. Had one year conservative treatment before surgery. Still in pain.

john h on 9/13/00 at 09:44 (028080)

had open release and tts surgery on 8-23-99 by orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon. released aproximately 15% using Baxter Procedure. 3 years of conservitive treatment. foot about the same as other foot which i also have PF. I do not know how you absolutely positively identify TTS but i would avoid this surgery unless you and your doctor know this is the problem. I do not think i have seen a post from anyone that was cured of anything by a TTS release.

Dale G on 9/15/00 at 17:31 (028315)

i had one year conservative treatment, cast, injections, ultrasound, orthotics, had surgery on rt. foot in 95-have numbness & tingling still in heel, but NO pain. had one year conservative treatment on left foot-had surgery sept. 6. 10 days ago. it's painful & a lengthy recovery-but am hoping for best. all done by podiatrist.

john h on 9/25/00 at 18:44 (029141)

karen: is your pain the same kind of pain in the same area as before surgery?

KarenS on 9/26/00 at 15:10 (029195)

No, the pain is different. Alot of pain around the bottom of my leg and around the ankle and also along the bottom outside of my foot.

john h on 9/26/00 at 15:51 (029200)

karen i have heard many others complain of pain on the outside of the foot after pf surgery. this seems to be very common and if i remember correctly dr z says that will eventually go away. 6 months minimum for a full recovery and maybe up to a year.

Re: Personal Survey--Anyone had good results with TTS surgery?

Nancy on 10/05/00 at 21:49 (029905)

I had surgery for Tarsal Tunnel in 1994 after 2 years of pain. Nothing changed, same pain. Anyone know of ANYTHING to find relief??

CHERYL on 9/10/00 at 17:25 (027841)

MY CHOICE OF DR IS MY PODIATRIST.....I CONSULTED WITH ORTHO GUYS AND SURGEONS AND ENDED UP BEING MOST COMFORTABLE WITH THE POD BECAUSE HE INSISTED ON CONSERVATIVE TREATMENT FOR AT LEAST ONE YEAR...I HAVE BEN IN CASTS ON CRUTCHES WALKING CAST RESTING SINCE LAST AUGUST AND I AM STILL HURTING SO I WILL BE HAVING THE SURGERY 9/15.......CHERYL

T. Hurst on 9/10/00 at 20:07 (027851)

Epf surgery on both feet by podiatrist. 1 year conservative treatment.

Nancy M on 9/10/00 at 22:42 (027860)

I had EPF surgery (1/3 release)on both feet by podiatrist. Approximately 1 year conservative treatment.

Nancy M in AZ

Dianab on 9/11/00 at 06:56 (027877)

Had epf sugery 2/29/00 after 1 year treatment and now I am scheduled for open release on 9/19/00, same foot.

Amy on 9/11/00 at 13:02 (027909)

Had open plantar fascia surgery 3/4 release on 09-05-00 by ortho surg. 8 months consertive treatment. Left foot scheduled for January.

Bob Ray on 9/12/00 at 15:02 (028033)

I had a Orthopedic Surgeon(John Beck) do my release after 1 year of various treatment. Surgery August 1999. Result maybe 20% improved. But complicated by PF. Had Eswt twice within this last month.. Too early to tell if that is effective.

KarenS on 9/12/00 at 23:49 (028071)

Had open release and heel spur removal done by orthopedic surgeon on June 29th, 2000. Had one year conservative treatment before surgery. Still in pain.

john h on 9/13/00 at 09:44 (028080)

had open release and tts surgery on 8-23-99 by orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon. released aproximately 15% using Baxter Procedure. 3 years of conservitive treatment. foot about the same as other foot which i also have PF. I do not know how you absolutely positively identify TTS but i would avoid this surgery unless you and your doctor know this is the problem. I do not think i have seen a post from anyone that was cured of anything by a TTS release.

Dale G on 9/15/00 at 17:31 (028315)

i had one year conservative treatment, cast, injections, ultrasound, orthotics, had surgery on rt. foot in 95-have numbness & tingling still in heel, but NO pain. had one year conservative treatment on left foot-had surgery sept. 6. 10 days ago. it's painful & a lengthy recovery-but am hoping for best. all done by podiatrist.

john h on 9/25/00 at 18:44 (029141)

karen: is your pain the same kind of pain in the same area as before surgery?

KarenS on 9/26/00 at 15:10 (029195)

No, the pain is different. Alot of pain around the bottom of my leg and around the ankle and also along the bottom outside of my foot.

john h on 9/26/00 at 15:51 (029200)

karen i have heard many others complain of pain on the outside of the foot after pf surgery. this seems to be very common and if i remember correctly dr z says that will eventually go away. 6 months minimum for a full recovery and maybe up to a year.

Re: Personal Survey--Anyone had good results with TTS surgery?

Nancy on 10/05/00 at 21:49 (029905)

I had surgery for Tarsal Tunnel in 1994 after 2 years of pain. Nothing changed, same pain. Anyone know of ANYTHING to find relief??