Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Huggers product review

Posted by Kim B. on 9/10/00 at 16:16 (027833)

I've had them for a while now and here is what I posted soon after I got them (from a post discussing them and some other products).

3. The heel hugger at http://www.brownmed.com

This little device is promising for milder cases and smaller flair ups. It actually helps, however, my PF is not as severe as it once was. It's not a miracle cure, but it does ease pain and contribute to heeling. I've found is that affords me a little more time on my feet when I simply can't get off of them immediately (i.e. finish cooking dinner or finish getting the dishes put away, take care of my lil' boy, that kind of thing.) They are slightly overpriced, (I had to buy 2 of them at 19.95 each.) but at this stage, if I can keep the inflammation and flair ups to a minimum, the heeling will continue, so in that respect, it's kind of worth it to have them in the freezer, ready to use. They feel good and the gel packs warm up after about 10 minutes, so you can't over-ice, even by accident.

So, having had them for a while, I like them even better now that they have bailed me out of a couple of foot flair ups. I still think they are a bit pricy at 19.95 each. (Especially if you need two of them.)

What they really come in handy for is what I mentioned above, and on a few occasions, when we had some place we HAD to go at the end of a long day (like a Ball game or something like that). It is nice to take them from the freezer, wear them in the car on the way to where-ever, and then have the extra padding and ankle support even after the ice thaws. They are particularly helpful in this way. Much more comfortable than you might expect. Against bear skin is good, except for a little sweating after an extended time, but I have also noticed that they work great over socks too, without this side effect. A little pricy but overall a Good product. It is not a fix, it is just an aid.

Regards, Kim B.

Re: Heel Huggers product review

Dena on 9/11/00 at 06:32 (027876)

Kim: I'm glad they work for you. I found that it didn't do anything for me (I could only afford one). Not too long after getting it, it started losing some of the 'compression' force and so it really wasn't even good for support.

Re: Heel Huggers product review

Dena on 9/11/00 at 06:32 (027876)

Kim: I'm glad they work for you. I found that it didn't do anything for me (I could only afford one). Not too long after getting it, it started losing some of the 'compression' force and so it really wasn't even good for support.