Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

plantar fasciitis for a year

Posted by Laura Hasty on 9/10/00 at 23:28 (027867)

I've tried everything orthopedist, ortho foot spec., podiatrist. Know one seems to be able to help. They all say surgery but I'm not so sure that would help either. I've read alot about the ossatron procedure. Can you get it yet? If so where can I go I live in the Atlanta Ga. area. Also I seem to have bad circulation in my right leg, when I'm driving it really hurts. It starts throbbing and almost cramping all the way up in my buttocks and around my (siaotic)nerve not sure how to spell. I guess pushing the gas is causing this do you think it has anything to do with the pf. Also when ever I use to walk on a tread mill my right leg use to feel numb. That was before the pf got so bad. Please help!! Laura

Re: Re:would like comments on ossatron plz

Laura Hasty on 9/11/00 at 08:47 (027883)

please read my first entry. thx

Re: plantar fasciitis for a year

Dr. Biehler on 9/11/00 at 20:39 (027967)

Have your doctors tried to find out what is causing your leg problems? If it is vascular and or neuro it needs to be checked out.This could also be a contributing factor in your heel pain or its lack of healing. You should not wear your orthoics if they are hurting. You can do damage to yourself that way. They might be the kind that are functional and you have to ease into wearing them slowly giving your muscles,etc. time to adjust. Once you eliminate vascular and neuro problems and if the biomechanical solution do not work, then ESWT is an alternative to surgery.

Re: Re:would like comments on ossatron plz

Laura Hasty on 9/11/00 at 08:47 (027883)

please read my first entry. thx

Re: plantar fasciitis for a year

Dr. Biehler on 9/11/00 at 20:39 (027967)

Have your doctors tried to find out what is causing your leg problems? If it is vascular and or neuro it needs to be checked out.This could also be a contributing factor in your heel pain or its lack of healing. You should not wear your orthoics if they are hurting. You can do damage to yourself that way. They might be the kind that are functional and you have to ease into wearing them slowly giving your muscles,etc. time to adjust. Once you eliminate vascular and neuro problems and if the biomechanical solution do not work, then ESWT is an alternative to surgery.