Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

i can't believe i sprained my ankle again, hardly wallked today

Posted by biku1@aol.com on 9/11/00 at 00:14 (027870)

maybe the new balance shoes, the heel cushion, the spencos are a bad combo for ankles? does the tuli go on top of the spenco. got a suggestion for footware that won'[t harm my ankles?

Re: i can't believe i sprained my ankle again, hardly wallked today

Pauline on 9/11/00 at 04:37 (027873)

Just curious did you have any type of fascia release surgery before the sprains began. Can't remember your last posting.

Dr. Biehler on 9/11/00 at 21:02 (027971)

They are not a bad combination for the ankle unless to have a varus calcanious. If you do the combination acting as a heel lift makes your ankle unstabe. When looking for foot gear that helps support the ankle, the higher up the ankle the laces go the better, and remember to use the top lace holes.

Paula on 9/11/00 at 22:44 (027982)

pauline, new to computers sorta figuring out how to post follow up messages. no, i didn't have surgery. a shoe place fitted me with new balance running shoes and high soft heel lift and spenco arch support. it made my ankles wobbly to be up that high out of shoe. then first of bad series of doctors told me i could just walk around that way don't worry about ankle. resprained.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/12/00 at 12:32 (028020)

I would wear either a air splint or an elastic support on the ankles at this time. Futuro ankle supports can be found in most drug stores

Pauline on 9/11/00 at 04:37 (027873)

Just curious did you have any type of fascia release surgery before the sprains began. Can't remember your last posting.

Dr. Biehler on 9/11/00 at 21:02 (027971)

They are not a bad combination for the ankle unless to have a varus calcanious. If you do the combination acting as a heel lift makes your ankle unstabe. When looking for foot gear that helps support the ankle, the higher up the ankle the laces go the better, and remember to use the top lace holes.

Paula on 9/11/00 at 22:44 (027982)

pauline, new to computers sorta figuring out how to post follow up messages. no, i didn't have surgery. a shoe place fitted me with new balance running shoes and high soft heel lift and spenco arch support. it made my ankles wobbly to be up that high out of shoe. then first of bad series of doctors told me i could just walk around that way don't worry about ankle. resprained.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/12/00 at 12:32 (028020)

I would wear either a air splint or an elastic support on the ankles at this time. Futuro ankle supports can be found in most drug stores