Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Personal Foot Trainers

Posted by Mike W on 9/11/00 at 10:42 (027896)

Hello Board Readers,

I am sorry there was confusion last week.

I am not out of business, just on vacation for a few days. I guess I will post a message next time to prevent confusion.

Regarding Judy's shipping problems, today is the first time I have heard anything about it. I called her today and hopefully will get things resolved shortly.

Regards,

Mike Wilmot

Physical Therapist, Principal Personal Foot Trainers, Email (email removed) Phone (403)218-8949

Re: Mike: I'm back on PFT with PT's help

Beverly on 9/11/00 at 11:53 (027905)

Mike,

In case you did not see my post this weekend, I just wanted to let you know I am back on the PFT under my PT's supervision.

My PT reduced me down to just using the PFT in PT with her supervision until I get the hang of how much tension to use. For now, she eliminated those last two exercises (inversion/exversion). I used it in PT on Friday with no problems. This was just like I had used it a few weeks ago in PT with no problems.

So, I have concluded that my increased pain from the PFT was from using it incorrectly at home... putting too mucy action into it.
This will mean going much slower, but I would rather use it correctly.
I will let you know if I have success. I am showing it to my orthopedic surgeon today.
Thank you,
Beverly

Mike W on 9/11/00 at 12:02 (027907)

Thanks for the update I would be interested to hear what your orthopedic surgeon thinks.

Are you taking pain medication? I have a concern that if you take pain medication and then perform exercises that you have a grteater chance of overdoing it.

Regards,

Mike Wilmot
Physical therapist, Principal Personal Foot Trainers, Email (email removed)

Beverly on 9/11/00 at 16:51 (027938)

Mike,

No, I am not taking pain medication. I take the low dose (12.5 mg.) Vioxx. 1x a day.

My orthopedic surgeon took a quick look and thought the PFT looked like something worth investigating. He had his secretary make a copy of the PFT manual so he can take a better look at it later.

The specific PFT exercises my PT has me doing are: position 1A band at base of big toe, 2A Band at base of 2nd-5th toes, and 3A Calf postition.
PT wants to work me up to the rest of it. We are taking a very conservative approach since it is easy for me to overdo.
Thank you,
Beverly
PS: I will say to everyone on the Board, Mike's customer service is excellent.

wendyn on 9/11/00 at 19:22 (027958)

Yes - his customer service does seem to be really good. I left him a message this weekend to see what was up and he called me at work first thing today.

Beverly on 9/11/00 at 11:53 (027905)

Mike,

In case you did not see my post this weekend, I just wanted to let you know I am back on the PFT under my PT's supervision.

My PT reduced me down to just using the PFT in PT with her supervision until I get the hang of how much tension to use. For now, she eliminated those last two exercises (inversion/exversion). I used it in PT on Friday with no problems. This was just like I had used it a few weeks ago in PT with no problems.

So, I have concluded that my increased pain from the PFT was from using it incorrectly at home... putting too mucy action into it.
This will mean going much slower, but I would rather use it correctly.
I will let you know if I have success. I am showing it to my orthopedic surgeon today.
Thank you,
Beverly

Mike W on 9/11/00 at 12:02 (027907)

Thanks for the update I would be interested to hear what your orthopedic surgeon thinks.

Are you taking pain medication? I have a concern that if you take pain medication and then perform exercises that you have a grteater chance of overdoing it.

Regards,

Mike Wilmot
Physical therapist, Principal Personal Foot Trainers, Email (email removed)

Beverly on 9/11/00 at 16:51 (027938)

Mike,

No, I am not taking pain medication. I take the low dose (12.5 mg.) Vioxx. 1x a day.

My orthopedic surgeon took a quick look and thought the PFT looked like something worth investigating. He had his secretary make a copy of the PFT manual so he can take a better look at it later.

The specific PFT exercises my PT has me doing are: position 1A band at base of big toe, 2A Band at base of 2nd-5th toes, and 3A Calf postition.
PT wants to work me up to the rest of it. We are taking a very conservative approach since it is easy for me to overdo.
Thank you,
Beverly
PS: I will say to everyone on the Board, Mike's customer service is excellent.

wendyn on 9/11/00 at 19:22 (027958)

Yes - his customer service does seem to be really good. I left him a message this weekend to see what was up and he called me at work first thing today.