Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

orbasone

Posted by john h on 9/11/00 at 16:27 (027934)

dr z: i am still somewhat confused about when is it appropriate to receive the 2nd treatment with the orbasone. if the fascia is damaged by the 1st treatment do you want that to completely heal before the 2nd treatment? i read somewhere you shoud wait 8 weeks before 2nd treatment. also, during the time the fascia is healing just how much stretching or walking should you do?

Re: orbasone

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/12/00 at 15:55 (028042)

If the pain has increased or is coming back you can repeat the procedure as soon as two weeks. For example let same you get relief of 60% and it is improving each week and then stops at 80% I will then return. Let's say that you don't get any relief or very little relief the first time. Then I would retreat two weeks from the first treatment. Let say that you are about 50% better and then your pain increases to about 20-30 % and you are unhappy and want relief that I would treat you again so long as two weeks have pasted from the first treatment. In addition to trauma the orbasone blocks pain receptors

So we treat the above. This is no danger of over treatment just under
treatment.

Re: orbasone

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/12/00 at 15:55 (028042)

If the pain has increased or is coming back you can repeat the procedure as soon as two weeks. For example let same you get relief of 60% and it is improving each week and then stops at 80% I will then return. Let's say that you don't get any relief or very little relief the first time. Then I would retreat two weeks from the first treatment. Let say that you are about 50% better and then your pain increases to about 20-30 % and you are unhappy and want relief that I would treat you again so long as two weeks have pasted from the first treatment. In addition to trauma the orbasone blocks pain receptors

So we treat the above. This is no danger of over treatment just under
treatment.