Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Saw doctor today...Added to my treatment...

Posted by Beverly on 9/11/00 at 17:15 (027948)

Praise God, I got my PT script renewed today! I saw my sports medicine orthopedic surgeon. I like him very much. Spent lots of time with me and renewed my hope of recovery.

He renewed my PT for 3x a week for the next month and added cold packs to my PT routine. I'll be getting: massage, ultrasound, stretching, and cold packs 3x a week. Like many here, I believe massage is having a positive influence.

He also wrote me a script for night splints and custom orthodics. I am going to try the night splints... thinking about the orthodics. (I hate to think what I have spent thus far on inserts/orthodics that did not work, but this is a different doctor than I used with the previous orthodics so I would be going to a different orthodics maker.)

He did not like the nerve shot idea and vetoed that one.

We talked about cortizone. He assures me he uses the small needle, tries to make it as comfortable as possible, deadens foot, ect...
He encouraged the cortizone shot but did not push me. I will continue to think about it. For the moment, I am focusing on PT.
Beverly

Re: Saw doctor today...Added to my treatment...

JudyS on 9/11/00 at 19:13 (027956)

YES Beverly! Praise the Lord and praise YOU! It's your whole take-charge attitude that continues to keep you in good stead and it's admirable. For you to be this far in 'only' six months is a very good thing and I hope you're patting yourself on the back for being pro-active with your treatment. I sure wish I'd done that 2 years ago instead of just assuming that it'd go away all by itself!

Nancy S. on 9/12/00 at 06:11 (027988)

Beverly, I'm very glad you got your PT script continued and added to, and that your dr. sounds so good. Best of luck with the PFTs and all you're doing in therapy. You ARE doing a lot for your feet, and way sooner than I managed, so I think you have every reason to be feeling optimistic. Three cheers --
Nancy

T0M on 10/02/00 at 23:03 (029666)

Arent there s0me ultras0und devices f0r h0me use?

JudyS on 9/11/00 at 19:13 (027956)

YES Beverly! Praise the Lord and praise YOU! It's your whole take-charge attitude that continues to keep you in good stead and it's admirable. For you to be this far in 'only' six months is a very good thing and I hope you're patting yourself on the back for being pro-active with your treatment. I sure wish I'd done that 2 years ago instead of just assuming that it'd go away all by itself!

Nancy S. on 9/12/00 at 06:11 (027988)

Beverly, I'm very glad you got your PT script continued and added to, and that your dr. sounds so good. Best of luck with the PFTs and all you're doing in therapy. You ARE doing a lot for your feet, and way sooner than I managed, so I think you have every reason to be feeling optimistic. Three cheers --
Nancy

T0M on 10/02/00 at 23:03 (029666)

Arent there s0me ultras0und devices f0r h0me use?