Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Barbara S. and BarbS

Posted by Barbara S. on 9/11/00 at 19:44 (027960)

Just to clear things up in the PF Family Album. Yes, Barbara S. and BarbS are two different women. BarbS can walk six miles and Barbara S. can walk six feet (but she does it with style, even with butter in her Birkenstocks). Maybe I should use a fancy southern handle (like 'Texas Babs') or something medical-sounding in Latin (Momhasfasciitis)... ?? Maybe I should use my initials, but I don't want people calling me B.S.

Re: Barbara S. and BarbS

Kim B. on 9/11/00 at 21:15 (027972)

Good one, Barbara S., no BS here...

OK, I have it mapped out in my mind now, the one with the shorter form of 'Barbara' can walk further than the one who spells it out long form. It's backwards, that's par for the PF Course.

Kim B.

Beverly on 9/11/00 at 21:53 (027979)

Barbara,

I like TexasBabs. We sure won't forget that name or get you mixed up with anyone else. I'm from Texas too. Where are you? We seem to have a high percentage of Texans on this board. I know it is a big state, but I'm beginning to wonder why we are so 'blessed.'
Beverly

BarbS on 9/12/00 at 09:01 (027995)

I've wondered if I should change my name for the board as well. B.S. doesn't cut it for me either. I already get enough crap from people for my last name (it is very close to shinola) LOL!!! Texas Babs is awesome! I go by Babzilla on another board. Maybe I should use that here, too.

Re: We need to stop throwing Barbs at each other! eom ;-)

Steve P on 9/12/00 at 17:50 (028055)

Nancy S. on 9/12/00 at 23:26 (028070)

And there's another Barb too -- barbb. Maybe she needs to join this discussion. Of course, sounding like 'Barbie' is probably more palatable than 'B.S.' Good luck sorting this out! I'm starting to get more confused than I already was!
Nancy

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/13/00 at 21:23 (028168)

1. how about left footed barb
2. right footed barb
3. How about from the state
4. How about use middle initial
5. How about placing a number
Barb one
Barb Two
Barb three
Now who is going to be barb one first

Re: OK, here's my new name

BarbSCO on 9/14/00 at 08:17 (028196)

I'll go by BarbSCO since I am in Colorado. It sort of flows anyway - Barbsco, like Rosco or something. I'm the one who did the AIDS Walk, BarbaraS is from Texas and is in more pain than I am at the moment. Hope this clears things up. What do you think BarbaraS?

Re: BARBARA S. is now BARBARA TX

Barbara S. on 9/14/00 at 13:18 (028211)

I think that that's a great idea... I now reinvent myself as BARBARA TX. Texas Babs was a little too flashy for my Minnesota upbringing to handle. Thanks, BarbSCO.

Barbara TX (formerly Barbara S.) on 9/14/00 at 18:37 (028229)

I am over in Irving by the Arts Center and Los Colinas. Where are you? B.

Beverly on 9/14/00 at 18:48 (028232)

We will certainly be able to tell you two gals apart now! Barbara TX, where in TX are you?
Beverly

john h on 9/15/00 at 10:34 (028289)

ba! ba! ba! barbara ann. take my hand. you got me rocking and rollin barbara ann!! surfs up lets rock.

Kim B. on 9/11/00 at 21:15 (027972)

Good one, Barbara S., no BS here...

OK, I have it mapped out in my mind now, the one with the shorter form of 'Barbara' can walk further than the one who spells it out long form. It's backwards, that's par for the PF Course.

Kim B.

Beverly on 9/11/00 at 21:53 (027979)

Barbara,

I like TexasBabs. We sure won't forget that name or get you mixed up with anyone else. I'm from Texas too. Where are you? We seem to have a high percentage of Texans on this board. I know it is a big state, but I'm beginning to wonder why we are so 'blessed.'
Beverly

BarbS on 9/12/00 at 09:01 (027995)

I've wondered if I should change my name for the board as well. B.S. doesn't cut it for me either. I already get enough crap from people for my last name (it is very close to shinola) LOL!!! Texas Babs is awesome! I go by Babzilla on another board. Maybe I should use that here, too.

Steve P on 9/12/00 at 17:50 (028055)

Nancy S. on 9/12/00 at 23:26 (028070)

And there's another Barb too -- barbb. Maybe she needs to join this discussion. Of course, sounding like 'Barbie' is probably more palatable than 'B.S.' Good luck sorting this out! I'm starting to get more confused than I already was!
Nancy

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/13/00 at 21:23 (028168)

1. how about left footed barb
2. right footed barb
3. How about from the state
4. How about use middle initial
5. How about placing a number
Barb one
Barb Two
Barb three
Now who is going to be barb one first

Re: OK, here's my new name

BarbSCO on 9/14/00 at 08:17 (028196)

I'll go by BarbSCO since I am in Colorado. It sort of flows anyway - Barbsco, like Rosco or something. I'm the one who did the AIDS Walk, BarbaraS is from Texas and is in more pain than I am at the moment. Hope this clears things up. What do you think BarbaraS?

Barbara S. on 9/14/00 at 13:18 (028211)

I think that that's a great idea... I now reinvent myself as BARBARA TX. Texas Babs was a little too flashy for my Minnesota upbringing to handle. Thanks, BarbSCO.

Barbara TX (formerly Barbara S.) on 9/14/00 at 18:37 (028229)

I am over in Irving by the Arts Center and Los Colinas. Where are you? B.

Beverly on 9/14/00 at 18:48 (028232)

We will certainly be able to tell you two gals apart now! Barbara TX, where in TX are you?
Beverly

john h on 9/15/00 at 10:34 (028289)

ba! ba! ba! barbara ann. take my hand. you got me rocking and rollin barbara ann!! surfs up lets rock.