Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

p.s.

Posted by biku1@aol.com on 9/11/00 at 19:48 (027961)

i'm wondering if this is an air cast, or an ankle brace. this horror is like a plastic splint on either side of foot and leg, with green gel padding. it's supposed to fit inside shoe, but to get it into shoe i have to shove so hard it hurts the sprain. Areas shoe leans against are very painful and then the thing kinda slides off my ankle forewards or back as i walk, but it's hard to know it's slipped cause am in so much pain from device that the whole ankle is throbbing and can't feel much of anything but the pain. surely there is something better than this to brace an ankle as i walk? a flying buttress would work better. know any midieval architects?

Re: p.s.

Fred on 9/12/00 at 09:51 (028003)

You only have an ankle brace. An air cast is a boot with small inflatable air bags on the inside on either side of your ankle. You can inflate them while you are walking to provide more support and deflate them when you are sitting or your ankle swells. . I wore one last year for about 6 weeks and it worked well. It was very comfortable. They are made from a grey plastic- like material and cost $130-160 new, but you may be able to find one on e-bay for a much lower price. Air Cast is the brand name.

Re: p.s.

Fred on 9/12/00 at 09:51 (028003)

You only have an ankle brace. An air cast is a boot with small inflatable air bags on the inside on either side of your ankle. You can inflate them while you are walking to provide more support and deflate them when you are sitting or your ankle swells. . I wore one last year for about 6 weeks and it worked well. It was very comfortable. They are made from a grey plastic- like material and cost $130-160 new, but you may be able to find one on e-bay for a much lower price. Air Cast is the brand name.