Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS

Posted by john h on 9/13/00 at 09:47 (028081)

has anyone been cured of anything (PF,TTS,etc) by a tarsal tunnel release? if so please post details. i do not think i have seen a post or read of anyone being cured by this procedure.

Re: TTS

sandy h. on 9/13/00 at 10:36 (028090)

no not cured by surgery but significantly improved to hope that i may have my life back

Bob Ray on 9/13/00 at 16:40 (028121)

Historically the success rate of TTS release is 40 to 50%. And most of those involve removing a growth or cyst from the nerve. However, a Dr Michihiro Kohno (mkuono-nsu@umin.ac.jc) is reporting 100% success using a technique involving wrapping fat grafts between the nerve and other vessels. It acts as a lubicant and protects against scaring after surgery.

Matt L on 9/14/00 at 10:30 (028206)

I had tarsal tunnel release in 8/96 which has been somewhat successful. I still have mild pain in the big toe area and occasional flair-ups (which I'm presently having). Probably due to scar tissue I'm told. Still, overall I'm better off then I was before the release. However, I've since found out that surgeons are very reluctant to re-operate after a release so try and find a good surgeon the first time.

sandy h. on 9/13/00 at 10:36 (028090)

no not cured by surgery but significantly improved to hope that i may have my life back

Bob Ray on 9/13/00 at 16:40 (028121)

Historically the success rate of TTS release is 40 to 50%. And most of those involve removing a growth or cyst from the nerve. However, a Dr Michihiro Kohno (mkuono-nsu@umin.ac.jc) is reporting 100% success using a technique involving wrapping fat grafts between the nerve and other vessels. It acts as a lubicant and protects against scaring after surgery.

Matt L on 9/14/00 at 10:30 (028206)

I had tarsal tunnel release in 8/96 which has been somewhat successful. I still have mild pain in the big toe area and occasional flair-ups (which I'm presently having). Probably due to scar tissue I'm told. Still, overall I'm better off then I was before the release. However, I've since found out that surgeons are very reluctant to re-operate after a release so try and find a good surgeon the first time.