Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

emu oil

Posted by Bob Ray on 9/13/00 at 15:17 (028111)

After two years of trying everything conceivable for TTS and PF I have finally found something that helps. Emu oil with MSM and some aboriginy herbs. 5 minutes after rubbing it on, pain was gone. It only masks the pain right now. But the anecdotal testimonials say eventually the pain goes away entirely within 3 months of regular use.
Time will tell. If anyone has any long term experience with emu oil, I would love to hear there experiences.

Re: emu oil

john a on 9/13/00 at 16:45 (028124)

Bob, don't take this the wrong way, but ... Emu oil !!! If I die on the road on the way home tonight, I will have a smile on my face :-)
[ I keep thinking how the heck is Emu oil obtained? Squeezing?? :-) :-) :-) ]

wendyn on 9/13/00 at 17:41 (028131)

You take one medium/large sized emu (in good health). Squeeze to make sure it's fresh (should 'moo' or whatever emu's do). Skin, and chop into good size chunks (best to kill it kindly first- in typical emu-killing fashion). Season with salt and pepper. Simmer slowly in a large cauldron over hot coals from 5-7 days. The oil will rise to the top and can be skimmed off, bottled, and sold to foot pain sufferers world wide. What remains in the pot is delicious 'Emu Stew', one of Martha Stewart's favorites. Throw in some onions/potatoes and carrots and you have a feast fit for any large tribal gathering. Enjoy.

And that's a good thing.

Bob - I am not making fun of your Emu Oil, I just couldn't resist.

;)

JudyS on 9/13/00 at 18:02 (028133)

Hey! My neighbor has emus..........perhaps, in the dead of nite, I can slip up there and grab an emu, and squeeze it over a bucket.....and bring whatever comes out of it to our slumber party! If it doesn't touch our foot pain, we could try setting our hair with it...:)
Sorry Bob, you've got us going with this one!

john h on 9/13/00 at 18:34 (028136)

emu oil: http://uniquelyemu.com/emuiol.htm
http://www.emu-oil.com/

supposedly has antiinflamatory properties but beware it has sensual/erotic properties according to some web sites.

Nancy N on 9/13/00 at 18:52 (028137)

Bob--

How did you find out about this stuff? Where did you get it, how much does it cost, how long have you been using it, etc?

Nancy S. on 9/13/00 at 19:56 (028148)

Wendy, that was gross. Now I can't eat my evening snack.

john h on 9/13/00 at 20:09 (028151)

i had 20 or more hits on the search engine for emu oil. make sure you buy 'refined' oil if you buy it. relatively inexpensive. also sold as a beauty product as well as medicinal. probably avalilable in larger health produt stores or lots of sites to order from. lots of promises to do lots of things.

salina on 9/13/00 at 21:58 (028174)

Hi Nancy,

I did a search online and it pulled all kinds of different companies that sell emu oil.
It was interesting at least. Health food stores should have it.

Ann G. on 9/14/00 at 18:21 (028226)

Those birds really are mean looking. I have a friend who has trained companion dogs for these birds. The dogs can fend off predators and the birds kill the dogs. So now they have donut shaped pastures with the dogs on the outer ring. I'm going to ask her about the emu oil. Anything that mean has to have some redeeming quality, even if it is squeezing oil out of them.

john a on 9/13/00 at 16:45 (028124)

Bob, don't take this the wrong way, but ... Emu oil !!! If I die on the road on the way home tonight, I will have a smile on my face :-)
[ I keep thinking how the heck is Emu oil obtained? Squeezing?? :-) :-) :-) ]

wendyn on 9/13/00 at 17:41 (028131)

You take one medium/large sized emu (in good health). Squeeze to make sure it's fresh (should 'moo' or whatever emu's do). Skin, and chop into good size chunks (best to kill it kindly first- in typical emu-killing fashion). Season with salt and pepper. Simmer slowly in a large cauldron over hot coals from 5-7 days. The oil will rise to the top and can be skimmed off, bottled, and sold to foot pain sufferers world wide. What remains in the pot is delicious 'Emu Stew', one of Martha Stewart's favorites. Throw in some onions/potatoes and carrots and you have a feast fit for any large tribal gathering. Enjoy.

And that's a good thing.

Bob - I am not making fun of your Emu Oil, I just couldn't resist.

;)

JudyS on 9/13/00 at 18:02 (028133)

Hey! My neighbor has emus..........perhaps, in the dead of nite, I can slip up there and grab an emu, and squeeze it over a bucket.....and bring whatever comes out of it to our slumber party! If it doesn't touch our foot pain, we could try setting our hair with it...:)
Sorry Bob, you've got us going with this one!

john h on 9/13/00 at 18:34 (028136)

emu oil: http://uniquelyemu.com/emuiol.htm
http://www.emu-oil.com/

supposedly has antiinflamatory properties but beware it has sensual/erotic properties according to some web sites.

Nancy N on 9/13/00 at 18:52 (028137)

Bob--

How did you find out about this stuff? Where did you get it, how much does it cost, how long have you been using it, etc?

Nancy S. on 9/13/00 at 19:56 (028148)

Wendy, that was gross. Now I can't eat my evening snack.

john h on 9/13/00 at 20:09 (028151)

i had 20 or more hits on the search engine for emu oil. make sure you buy 'refined' oil if you buy it. relatively inexpensive. also sold as a beauty product as well as medicinal. probably avalilable in larger health produt stores or lots of sites to order from. lots of promises to do lots of things.

salina on 9/13/00 at 21:58 (028174)

Hi Nancy,

I did a search online and it pulled all kinds of different companies that sell emu oil.
It was interesting at least. Health food stores should have it.

Ann G. on 9/14/00 at 18:21 (028226)

Those birds really are mean looking. I have a friend who has trained companion dogs for these birds. The dogs can fend off predators and the birds kill the dogs. So now they have donut shaped pastures with the dogs on the outer ring. I'm going to ask her about the emu oil. Anything that mean has to have some redeeming quality, even if it is squeezing oil out of them.