Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

inside of ankle swollen and sore

Posted by Kathy on 9/13/00 at 21:42 (028173)

What next, The inside of both ankles (left is worse) around the ankle bone is slightly swollen and sore, any shoe I wear seems to rub and makes it worse, have the pf and spurs but this is new, any ideas? Will be getting orthotics next week from the pedorthist, I'm hopeful that these will help since she spent 2 1/2 hours with me and seemed to know her stuff, if not them we can add them to our orthotic tree.

Re: inside of ankle swollen and sore

Dr Biehler on 9/14/00 at 06:33 (028192)

If she knows her stuff the orthotics will most likly help.

Kathy on 9/14/00 at 14:55 (028216)

Any ideas about the inside swollen ankle area?

Dr. Biehler on 9/14/00 at 15:09 (028217)

It sounds like the posterior tibial tendon has been firing over time to try to protect the fascia. This can cause a tendonitis which can be painfull. Try to take it very easy with a short stride untill you get the orthotics.

Nancy S. on 9/14/00 at 17:16 (028223)

Hi Kathy,
The posterior tibial tendonitis that Dr. Biehler thinks you have is one of the ones I have, and it certainly has been painful. I just want to emphasize that you should take his advice and take it VERY easy while waiting for your orthotics. This thing can really escalate while you're not looking. Try to elevate and ice frequently; massage helps too. Good luck, I hope yours is on the retreat in short order!
Nancy

Dr Biehler on 9/14/00 at 06:33 (028192)

If she knows her stuff the orthotics will most likly help.

Kathy on 9/14/00 at 14:55 (028216)

Any ideas about the inside swollen ankle area?

Dr. Biehler on 9/14/00 at 15:09 (028217)

It sounds like the posterior tibial tendon has been firing over time to try to protect the fascia. This can cause a tendonitis which can be painfull. Try to take it very easy with a short stride untill you get the orthotics.

Nancy S. on 9/14/00 at 17:16 (028223)

Hi Kathy,
The posterior tibial tendonitis that Dr. Biehler thinks you have is one of the ones I have, and it certainly has been painful. I just want to emphasize that you should take his advice and take it VERY easy while waiting for your orthotics. This thing can really escalate while you're not looking. Try to elevate and ice frequently; massage helps too. Good luck, I hope yours is on the retreat in short order!
Nancy