Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

stress fracture?

Posted by Paula on 9/15/00 at 19:00 (028325)

just saw another orthopedic doc. he squeezed heel really hard. i screamed. he kept squeezing, and smiling. i grabbed his knee and pounded on it while still screaming. he squeexed even harder. that night area was swollen and blue. still has not recuperated. altho i have had bad pf and sprained ankle, have not had pain on sides of heel before he did this;. now that pain is worse than the others, even four days later. did that clown fracture my heel while testing to see if it was fractured?

Re: stress fracture?

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/15/00 at 19:34 (028328)

What was he looking for. A very slow and gentle lateral and medial push will tell the story. Have you had an MRI done. This is a standard in diagnosing stress fracture of the heel. So what did he say after the examination.

Paula on 9/15/00 at 19:36 (028330)

he said he had to do that to me to see if it was a stress fracture. it was anything but gentle.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/15/00 at 19:34 (028328)

What was he looking for. A very slow and gentle lateral and medial push will tell the story. Have you had an MRI done. This is a standard in diagnosing stress fracture of the heel. So what did he say after the examination.

Paula on 9/15/00 at 19:36 (028330)

he said he had to do that to me to see if it was a stress fracture. it was anything but gentle.