Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

numerous tendonitis/ inflammatory conditions

Posted by Elise on 9/16/00 at 08:25 (028362)

Haven't been on the board in over a year, but decided to check in. Over the past two years, I have had shoulder pain, excruciating pf in both feet, ankle tendonitis, swollen fingers and now I have tendonitis in my wrist. Although all the rheum test are negative, my doctor says it is clearly a non-specific inflammatory condition (someone else used the medical term spondo...). He prescribed a medication called azulfidine which has recently been found to help some people with this pattern of pain. It is hard to say if it helped. For about two months (the longest stretch since this began), my feet and my ankle are completely pain-free. but my shoulder and wrist are worse than ever. It seems like the condition just moves around. I also began these symptons in my late 30s (consistent with the other people on the board).

If anyone ever gets to the bottom of this, please keep me posted.

p.s. My doctor weent to a rheum conference last Feb. and there was a presentation that describes a non-specific arthritic condition that develops in rare cases after infections. all my problems started after a yeast infection that was misdiagnosed for 6 months.

Re: numerous tendonitis/ inflammatory conditions

About that yeast... on 9/16/00 at 13:48 (028384)

There are a lot of great 'yeast-beating' diets out there. you might give on of them a try. I have also heard that a bad bout of yeast can make you sensitive to certain foods (wheat, dairy). A strict elimination diet, adding one food at a time, might help you sort out the problem if you have developed a food sensitivity. Just a thought... B.

Re: numerous tendonitis/ inflammatory conditions

About that yeast... on 9/16/00 at 13:48 (028384)

There are a lot of great 'yeast-beating' diets out there. you might give on of them a try. I have also heard that a bad bout of yeast can make you sensitive to certain foods (wheat, dairy). A strict elimination diet, adding one food at a time, might help you sort out the problem if you have developed a food sensitivity. Just a thought... B.