Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Okay now I have some criticisms

Posted by alan k on 9/19/00 at 08:46 (028643)

I just want to say that I have never been so insulted in my whole life.

Mike mistated some facts and suggested I was dishonest but I can understand how he might get over exited due to passion for his therapeutic device. I responded point for point, and also called him aggressive. The main reason for the exchange was a disagreement about things that could be of great benefit for pf sufferers. Our products help support heelspurs.com and this message board.

But compare what we said to all that some of you have said. I have been called so many names I can't remember them all. It was extremely hurtful to be talked about like a bug and not a person who has shared themself on the board for a year and a half.

Demeaning, insulting, sexist and other comments likening someone to a child, etc. are extremely painful to bear on an internet board one has become emotionally attached to.

Please don't do this to another of your own. I can't tell you enough how sad I am now. I feel sorry for the next person to get it. It is really amazing to watch post after post pile up, full of self-righteous and and insulting content, all supposedly for the purposes of talking about what is the right way to talk on the board. And from people I mistakenly thought would never so quickly judge and condemn me.

I guess the internet is really a harsh place because its so impersonal so people feel comfortable treating each other this way. I am sure if I was standing in front of you in person you wouldn't have done it.

I will try to see the humor in all the mean posts talking about how to behave nicely, and then maybe I will be able to continue on here some day. I am really sad because there was so much I wanted to do to help out, and I was almost done with creating a huge free resource, but now I am too sad to go on here.

Thanks to the people who were being good anti-inflammatories. Hee hee.

alan

Re: Okay now I have some criticisms

Barbara TX on 9/19/00 at 09:26 (028649)

Alan - I simply don't understand why you don't take to heart all the comments of the people who are supporting you and need your wisdom. Why do you want to cling to the bad stuff people have said? Ignore it. You have behaved like a gentleman, and you have read lots of posts supporting what you do and your approach to helping PF. When I was speaking of people acting like children, I meant to remind everyone that they should act like adults here - and I did not mean to refer to anyone in particular - especially you! You have read my complimentary posts and my words of thanks many times. I have seen so many posts supporting you. Please stay! B.

Nancy S. on 9/19/00 at 10:48 (028658)

Alan, you are a wonderful presence on this board. Your posts were one of the first and main things that attracted me to it. They are a combination of qualities that is rare: concise yet communicative; highly intelligent yet humble; serious yet witty; and honest honest honest to the core. You have helped countless people here.
I have to say, given your record here, that I too have been disappointed that some posters found it necessary to include you in their chiding about the original exchange with Mike W. Had any of us been in your shoes trying to correct blatant, non-innocent falsehoods, I doubt we could have been as restrained and moderate as you were. I think you deserved a lot more support in your need and your right to respond to and defend your product against the original -- and, in my opinion, sarcastic and Machiavellian -- posts.
If you leave, there will be a giant hole in this board that no one else can fill. I hope you will stay.
Nancy

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/19/00 at 12:01 (028668)

Alan, You can't leave. I declaring that no one is allowed to leave this board since you have been here as long as you have. I could tell you a book story about the response from my Podiatric community toward me and ESWT . It ranges from fear, hate, and just plain meansness. But then again you fear what you don't understand. So have no fear you are staying on this board, and that's the end of my story.
We have a war to fight and it called foot pain. Now General Alan I just made you a general . Do you want to be a four star or five.

Barbara TX on 9/19/00 at 13:48 (028677)

Dr. Z - I want some dish on how the medical community is treating ESWT. What are their primary concerns, and do you think they are entirely motivated by money? Just ignorance? My husband and I promote natural family planning and we have our babies at home, and so I know first hand how unhinged medical professionals are when you try something different - and how infuriated they become when you end up with better rates of success. I can't figure them out. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/19/00 at 18:32 (028705)

The problem is that they don't know what I am every talking about.
I can't one orthopedic surgeon to take a look. I get referrals but I want them to start to use ESWT. They don't want to take the time to do the treat themselves.

Barbara TX on 9/19/00 at 09:26 (028649)

Alan - I simply don't understand why you don't take to heart all the comments of the people who are supporting you and need your wisdom. Why do you want to cling to the bad stuff people have said? Ignore it. You have behaved like a gentleman, and you have read lots of posts supporting what you do and your approach to helping PF. When I was speaking of people acting like children, I meant to remind everyone that they should act like adults here - and I did not mean to refer to anyone in particular - especially you! You have read my complimentary posts and my words of thanks many times. I have seen so many posts supporting you. Please stay! B.

Nancy S. on 9/19/00 at 10:48 (028658)

Alan, you are a wonderful presence on this board. Your posts were one of the first and main things that attracted me to it. They are a combination of qualities that is rare: concise yet communicative; highly intelligent yet humble; serious yet witty; and honest honest honest to the core. You have helped countless people here.
I have to say, given your record here, that I too have been disappointed that some posters found it necessary to include you in their chiding about the original exchange with Mike W. Had any of us been in your shoes trying to correct blatant, non-innocent falsehoods, I doubt we could have been as restrained and moderate as you were. I think you deserved a lot more support in your need and your right to respond to and defend your product against the original -- and, in my opinion, sarcastic and Machiavellian -- posts.
If you leave, there will be a giant hole in this board that no one else can fill. I hope you will stay.
Nancy

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/19/00 at 12:01 (028668)

Alan, You can't leave. I declaring that no one is allowed to leave this board since you have been here as long as you have. I could tell you a book story about the response from my Podiatric community toward me and ESWT . It ranges from fear, hate, and just plain meansness. But then again you fear what you don't understand. So have no fear you are staying on this board, and that's the end of my story.
We have a war to fight and it called foot pain. Now General Alan I just made you a general . Do you want to be a four star or five.

Barbara TX on 9/19/00 at 13:48 (028677)

Dr. Z - I want some dish on how the medical community is treating ESWT. What are their primary concerns, and do you think they are entirely motivated by money? Just ignorance? My husband and I promote natural family planning and we have our babies at home, and so I know first hand how unhinged medical professionals are when you try something different - and how infuriated they become when you end up with better rates of success. I can't figure them out. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/19/00 at 18:32 (028705)

The problem is that they don't know what I am every talking about.
I can't one orthopedic surgeon to take a look. I get referrals but I want them to start to use ESWT. They don't want to take the time to do the treat themselves.