Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Answering Judy's S. post... How I'm doing.

Posted by Beverly on 9/19/00 at 16:43 (028693)

Judy,

Glad to hear you're continuing to do so well.

Thanks for asking about me.
I had the best week last week I've had in months... very encouraging.
I still can't walk more than to the bathroom without at least a little pain, but I am much better in terms of how much I can do before I reach that threshold of 'I've gotta sit down now!' And my right foot continues to have periods of being totally pain-free. The left foot is the one that has so much further to go.

I credit massage and PT with much of this. It hurt like heck at first (the massage) and the stretching was not very aggreeable either, but since resting without stretching had gotten me nowhere, I figured it was worth a try. I'm glad I did. I'm up to seven reps to a count of seven on my stretching routine 2x a day, and 'mini' stretching after I've been sitting for long stretches.
I also am on Vioxx. (Three weeks now.)

I still have a long way to go, and it is easy to overdo. I got very ambitious cleaning the house this weekend and I'm taking it easy now.
But at least this week, I am doing better.

I'm having minor GYN surgery in mid-October... getting my Endometriosis zapped off and some peace of mind that it's not something worse that is alluding tests. I won't be able to stretch for a few days. I hope that does not set me back. I've put this off for way too long, but in the midst of dealing with my feet, I did not want to add one more thing to my plate.
See ya,
Beverly

Re: Answering Judy's S. post... How I'm doing.

JudyS on 9/19/00 at 17:10 (028696)

your progress sounds so, well, normal! Although it's difficult to use the word given the longevity of this affliction! I can easily remember being where you are - and, while certainly not 100%, I'm better!

Re: Answering Judy's S. post... How I'm doing.

JudyS on 9/19/00 at 17:10 (028696)

your progress sounds so, well, normal! Although it's difficult to use the word given the longevity of this affliction! I can easily remember being where you are - and, while certainly not 100%, I'm better!