Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

leaving on a jet plane, don't know when i will be back again!

Posted by john h on 9/20/00 at 20:01 (028780)

leaving in the am for dr Z's world headquarters. maybe i will see scott in the bal/washington airport. i will look for a guy limping. talk to you guys tomorrow night if the airplane gods and dr z are willing.

Re: leaving on a jet plane, don't know when i will be back again!

Barbara TX on 9/20/00 at 22:57 (028790)

Best of luck to you as you get zap #2! B.

Kathy on 9/21/00 at 16:22 (028827)

Good luck and God bless, give Dr. Z a hug for all of us.
Kathy

john h on 9/22/00 at 13:06 (028877)

well in 29 hours i flew from little rock to baltimore/washington, drove 125 miles to dr z's, had both feet treated, drove back to baltimore/washington. flew to cleveland,chicago and then back to the rock. this would make you tired even if your feet did not hurt.

my feet were more sore after this treatment. i think i may have had more pulses. no problem driving even after multiple shots in both feet at same time. shots did not hurt nor did orbasone but feet hurt after shots wore off in about 4 hours. talked to one of dr z's patient who had one orbasone treatment in august after years of pf. said he has no more pain. he works on his feet all day. he was in for a problem on other foot. saw dr Z's giant barrel for the lotto drawing for the free orbasone treatment (actually it is not a barrell but an old used FedEx envelope on a coat hangar that contains the slips with names on them). Got to read a lot of the book on ESWT that Dr Z and Scott mentioned in recent post. Dr Z gave me some new jersey tomatoes to take home (not fried green), some orthotics and we talked a lot even though his office seemed to be covered up with patients. also got to sit on the ground for 1.5hrs in chicago waiting for air traffic control delays. switched hotels this trip to an excellent holiday inn . tired so will tell you more later.

Re: Glad you are back, John

Barbara TX on 9/22/00 at 13:41 (028880)

I hope you're getting a little R & R for your feet. Why didn't you fly into Philly? Wouldn't it be closer to Woodbury? Were you able to drive right away? EIGHT DAYS until this lottery... I can barely wait. I want this misery zapped out of my heel quickly. Did Dr. Z ask you to pinpoint a spot that hurts very specifically and then zap that area, or did he just use do the PF insertion point again? I am encouraged that this seems to work better for chronic patients, because I'm finally admitting to myself that I AM JUST THAT. Fill us in soon. Babs.

john h on 9/22/00 at 17:10 (028894)

he did both barbara. he has a little portable flouroscope which he takes a quick look through. he probes very effectively himself and i also made an ink mark where i thought the problem was. a roundtrip fare from little rock to baltimore/washington was around $250 on southwest. to get into philly on any airline was $700 plus. if you are near dallas then southwest is your best bet unless you are rich in which case H E L L O B A R B A R A!

Barbara TX on 9/22/00 at 19:25 (028909)

If I were rich, would I be planning to receive my medical via LOTTERY? I don't want to rob you of any illusions that make me more glamorous, dear John H., but I am just a 30 year old middle class hausfrau with useless, although lovely, feet. The reason that I would fly to Philly is that I really would like to be in and out in a day. I am a sissy about leaving the kids, especially the little girl. I would also have to make the trip by myself and I want it to be as uncomplicated as possible especially since I walk so poorly. I will practice drawing on the bottoms of my feet... B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/22/00 at 20:37 (028916)

You can bring the kids. I am going to ask my wife if the lottery winner can stay at my house. No promises have to ask first. We have a big house and no kids, just a little Yorkshire Terrior named Molly, If she states no I will throw in the hotel for the nite as part of the treatment .

john h on 9/23/00 at 09:35 (028931)

dr z: plese do not put her at the Ramada! it sucks!

john h on 9/23/00 at 18:28 (028974)

barbara: perhaps if you win you can teach dr z and his wife to 'line dance'. that should go over big in woodbury along with chicken fried steak.

Barbara TX on 9/23/00 at 20:46 (028986)

Dr. Z: As we say here in Texas - 'I could just frame you and hang you on the wall.' That sounds painful, but it is supposed to be a compliment! I am contacting some relatives in Oxford PA (I think that might be close?) to see if they will put me up for the night. My mom will come down from MN to watch the kids and cheer up the husband. Sounds like Molly and John were in some pain after the treatment. Would I still be able to drive? I plan on renting a car and trying to negotiate the trip solo. I once spent a year as a refugee outside of Wilmington, DE while my husband was working over in Greenville. I still remember how beautiful the Delaware Valley is in fall. We spent lots of time at Winterthur looking at the beautiful trees. B.

john h on 9/24/00 at 11:41 (029029)

no problem driving after the procedure barbara. i had both feet done and drove from dr z's in rush hour traffic down I295 and I-95 across the delaware bridge to the holiday inn where i promptly enjoyed a martini and awaited my 3:30am wake up call for the drive to washington/baltimore.

Re: Glad you are back, John.....hey! I like chicken fried steak!

Kate on 10/05/00 at 17:50 (029865)

Hi John,
If you can get Dr.Z to line dance, I'll pay to watch!
If you can get him to eat chiken fried steak.....that'll be a miracle!

john h on 10/05/00 at 18:39 (029880)

barbara: if you want driving instructions from the washington airport to dr Z's let me know. i can do it blindfolded now. make sure you arrive in washington/baltimore at some hour between 10am and 2pm so as to avoid the horrendous traffic that occurs during rush hour. it is about a 2hr 20 minute drive during non rush hour. you can easily drive after the procedure. minimal pain and sometimes no pain. you will go through about 6-8 toll booths.

Barbara TX on 10/05/00 at 21:38 (029904)

John - This pamered princess is flying in straight to Philly. All the flights I could get to Washington and Baltimore were just as expensive and with connections to boot. I have relatives in Amish country and I'll drive to be with them for the weekend. It will be nice to see them. I knew this couple well when I lived in DE. So, I will be traveling in fine style... but this better work the first time or I'll have to hitch my way back, lifting my skirt to show a little knee above the nightsplint... B.

Barbara TX on 9/20/00 at 22:57 (028790)

Best of luck to you as you get zap #2! B.

Kathy on 9/21/00 at 16:22 (028827)

Good luck and God bless, give Dr. Z a hug for all of us.
Kathy

john h on 9/22/00 at 13:06 (028877)

well in 29 hours i flew from little rock to baltimore/washington, drove 125 miles to dr z's, had both feet treated, drove back to baltimore/washington. flew to cleveland,chicago and then back to the rock. this would make you tired even if your feet did not hurt.

my feet were more sore after this treatment. i think i may have had more pulses. no problem driving even after multiple shots in both feet at same time. shots did not hurt nor did orbasone but feet hurt after shots wore off in about 4 hours. talked to one of dr z's patient who had one orbasone treatment in august after years of pf. said he has no more pain. he works on his feet all day. he was in for a problem on other foot. saw dr Z's giant barrel for the lotto drawing for the free orbasone treatment (actually it is not a barrell but an old used FedEx envelope on a coat hangar that contains the slips with names on them). Got to read a lot of the book on ESWT that Dr Z and Scott mentioned in recent post. Dr Z gave me some new jersey tomatoes to take home (not fried green), some orthotics and we talked a lot even though his office seemed to be covered up with patients. also got to sit on the ground for 1.5hrs in chicago waiting for air traffic control delays. switched hotels this trip to an excellent holiday inn . tired so will tell you more later.

Barbara TX on 9/22/00 at 13:41 (028880)

I hope you're getting a little R & R for your feet. Why didn't you fly into Philly? Wouldn't it be closer to Woodbury? Were you able to drive right away? EIGHT DAYS until this lottery... I can barely wait. I want this misery zapped out of my heel quickly. Did Dr. Z ask you to pinpoint a spot that hurts very specifically and then zap that area, or did he just use do the PF insertion point again? I am encouraged that this seems to work better for chronic patients, because I'm finally admitting to myself that I AM JUST THAT. Fill us in soon. Babs.

john h on 9/22/00 at 17:10 (028894)

he did both barbara. he has a little portable flouroscope which he takes a quick look through. he probes very effectively himself and i also made an ink mark where i thought the problem was. a roundtrip fare from little rock to baltimore/washington was around $250 on southwest. to get into philly on any airline was $700 plus. if you are near dallas then southwest is your best bet unless you are rich in which case H E L L O B A R B A R A!

Barbara TX on 9/22/00 at 19:25 (028909)

If I were rich, would I be planning to receive my medical via LOTTERY? I don't want to rob you of any illusions that make me more glamorous, dear John H., but I am just a 30 year old middle class hausfrau with useless, although lovely, feet. The reason that I would fly to Philly is that I really would like to be in and out in a day. I am a sissy about leaving the kids, especially the little girl. I would also have to make the trip by myself and I want it to be as uncomplicated as possible especially since I walk so poorly. I will practice drawing on the bottoms of my feet... B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/22/00 at 20:37 (028916)

You can bring the kids. I am going to ask my wife if the lottery winner can stay at my house. No promises have to ask first. We have a big house and no kids, just a little Yorkshire Terrior named Molly, If she states no I will throw in the hotel for the nite as part of the treatment .

john h on 9/23/00 at 09:35 (028931)

dr z: plese do not put her at the Ramada! it sucks!

john h on 9/23/00 at 18:28 (028974)

barbara: perhaps if you win you can teach dr z and his wife to 'line dance'. that should go over big in woodbury along with chicken fried steak.

Barbara TX on 9/23/00 at 20:46 (028986)

Dr. Z: As we say here in Texas - 'I could just frame you and hang you on the wall.' That sounds painful, but it is supposed to be a compliment! I am contacting some relatives in Oxford PA (I think that might be close?) to see if they will put me up for the night. My mom will come down from MN to watch the kids and cheer up the husband. Sounds like Molly and John were in some pain after the treatment. Would I still be able to drive? I plan on renting a car and trying to negotiate the trip solo. I once spent a year as a refugee outside of Wilmington, DE while my husband was working over in Greenville. I still remember how beautiful the Delaware Valley is in fall. We spent lots of time at Winterthur looking at the beautiful trees. B.

john h on 9/24/00 at 11:41 (029029)

no problem driving after the procedure barbara. i had both feet done and drove from dr z's in rush hour traffic down I295 and I-95 across the delaware bridge to the holiday inn where i promptly enjoyed a martini and awaited my 3:30am wake up call for the drive to washington/baltimore.

Re: Glad you are back, John.....hey! I like chicken fried steak!

Kate on 10/05/00 at 17:50 (029865)

Hi John,
If you can get Dr.Z to line dance, I'll pay to watch!
If you can get him to eat chiken fried steak.....that'll be a miracle!

john h on 10/05/00 at 18:39 (029880)

barbara: if you want driving instructions from the washington airport to dr Z's let me know. i can do it blindfolded now. make sure you arrive in washington/baltimore at some hour between 10am and 2pm so as to avoid the horrendous traffic that occurs during rush hour. it is about a 2hr 20 minute drive during non rush hour. you can easily drive after the procedure. minimal pain and sometimes no pain. you will go through about 6-8 toll booths.

Barbara TX on 10/05/00 at 21:38 (029904)

John - This pamered princess is flying in straight to Philly. All the flights I could get to Washington and Baltimore were just as expensive and with connections to boot. I have relatives in Amish country and I'll drive to be with them for the weekend. It will be nice to see them. I knew this couple well when I lived in DE. So, I will be traveling in fine style... but this better work the first time or I'll have to hitch my way back, lifting my skirt to show a little knee above the nightsplint... B.