Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Do antibiotics work?

Posted by SharonH on 9/20/00 at 22:14 (028787)

A co-worker suffered with heel spurs and said it finally went away when his doctor put him on amoxocillin. Could this be accurate?

Re: Do antibiotics work?

Dr. Biehler on 9/21/00 at 01:45 (028794)

Classic heel spur syndrome does not responde to antibiotics. If the antibiotics helped it was for a different reason.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/22/00 at 07:20 (028861)

I have seen this happen by accident this year. I can't figure it out or would I recommend this. The drug was levoquin. I though that maybe there was a tear fromthe antibiotic, but the pain did go away completely. There is some kind of natural healing history to pf some day the antibiotic and the healing time just overlapped.

Dr. Biehler on 9/21/00 at 01:45 (028794)

Classic heel spur syndrome does not responde to antibiotics. If the antibiotics helped it was for a different reason.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/22/00 at 07:20 (028861)

I have seen this happen by accident this year. I can't figure it out or would I recommend this. The drug was levoquin. I though that maybe there was a tear fromthe antibiotic, but the pain did go away completely. There is some kind of natural healing history to pf some day the antibiotic and the healing time just overlapped.