Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

For Patty

Posted by Nancy S. on 9/21/00 at 12:17 (028814)

Patty, in case you don't see my dr's visit post, I just wanted to let you know that my doc agreed with your doc about Birks when you have tendonitis. (I had asked my PT and she thought they were good.) I asked the dr. today, though, and he said stay away from them until the tendonitis is long gone (and maybe forever, depending on how it goes).
I just thought I'd tell you you were right, and thanks for bringing it up a few weeks ago. I don't think I would have asked otherwise.
Nancy

Re: For Patty

PattyS on 9/21/00 at 17:46 (028839)

Nancy,
Glad to hear from your posts that you are seeing results. I went to PT for 3 weeks for my achilles tendonitis and feel pretty good today. Not perfect, but definitely on the mend. I tried the Birks back on and they just didn't work for me. I bought a pair of clog-like teva's and the pod liked them, so I will stick with them, my flyflot sandals and walking shoes. I am still hanging on to the Birks as you never know when (hopefully never) the PF will return and I do believe that they are the only shoe that helped with that. Patty

Re: For Patty

PattyS on 9/21/00 at 17:46 (028839)

Nancy,
Glad to hear from your posts that you are seeing results. I went to PT for 3 weeks for my achilles tendonitis and feel pretty good today. Not perfect, but definitely on the mend. I tried the Birks back on and they just didn't work for me. I bought a pair of clog-like teva's and the pod liked them, so I will stick with them, my flyflot sandals and walking shoes. I am still hanging on to the Birks as you never know when (hopefully never) the PF will return and I do believe that they are the only shoe that helped with that. Patty