Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Up again down again........up...

Posted by JudyS on 9/21/00 at 17:23 (028833)

So there I was, feelin' pretty darn good when out of the blue hit the 'Heel Pain' from hell. I'd gotten pretty smug, huh? My actual heel pain had been diminishing significantly and I'd said so. Then, Tuesday and Wednesday - BAM! It got me. Seriously. Why? dunno! I slid all the way down in the 'blues' dump! Ask me how it is today.......
This AM I said to my feet 'too damn bad suckers, I'm doing what I want today...' and I went and cruised the new IKEA with a friend.
No pain. Zero. Zip. Nada.
Perhaps the PF god was zapping me for being so poopy here on the board? :)

Re: Up again down again........up...

Beverly on 9/21/00 at 17:30 (028836)

Judy,

Glad your setback was shortlived. I too overdid it this weekend, and I am still recovering. I find at least at my stage in PF, that it does not take much for me to go from 'feeling better' to 'back in misery.'
Beverly

Bob G. on 9/22/00 at 03:02 (028854)

Judy,

Hope this message finds you well. Geeee, just need to emphasize the rest mode. After that, it gets better. My foot is pain-free and knees are pain-free and almost not tender. Rest is most important to recovery. Then rebuild strength.

Maybe with baseball season over you can rest 'em. I have recently discovered walking (over jogging) and soy products over meat and dairy.

Best Regards,

Bob G. (100 sit ups and push ups daily with brisk beach walks)

Joopie on 9/25/00 at 16:56 (029126)

Hey! Cool. Not too long after my first surgery I went to IKEA, too! I had to use a wheelchair there, and everyone moved lickety-split out of the way when they saw me coming. Maybe there is something they give you in the pods office that makes you want to cruise IKEAs. Eh?

-Joopie

Beverly on 9/21/00 at 17:30 (028836)

Judy,

Glad your setback was shortlived. I too overdid it this weekend, and I am still recovering. I find at least at my stage in PF, that it does not take much for me to go from 'feeling better' to 'back in misery.'
Beverly

Bob G. on 9/22/00 at 03:02 (028854)

Judy,

Hope this message finds you well. Geeee, just need to emphasize the rest mode. After that, it gets better. My foot is pain-free and knees are pain-free and almost not tender. Rest is most important to recovery. Then rebuild strength.

Maybe with baseball season over you can rest 'em. I have recently discovered walking (over jogging) and soy products over meat and dairy.

Best Regards,

Bob G. (100 sit ups and push ups daily with brisk beach walks)

Joopie on 9/25/00 at 16:56 (029126)

Hey! Cool. Not too long after my first surgery I went to IKEA, too! I had to use a wheelchair there, and everyone moved lickety-split out of the way when they saw me coming. Maybe there is something they give you in the pods office that makes you want to cruise IKEAs. Eh?

-Joopie