Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

another question on eswt

Posted by Paula on 9/22/00 at 09:26 (028869)

great, glad to hear eswt works for tendonisis. 2 questions, one, what are the statistics for improvement? two, i am getting an mri in one week to see if there are tares of tendon. should i wait till then. or does eswt heal tares as well.

Re: hello, hello? dr z, dr b, ?

Paula on 9/23/00 at 16:52 (028960)

hello. just trying to get a ball park idea of success rate of eswt with tendonitis or tendonosis÷

Dr. Biehler on 9/23/00 at 17:24 (028964)

If you are talking tears in a tendon you are talking at least a grade two sprain/strain. I feel these should be given time to heal. If they become chronic and painfull then the ESWT should be able to stimulate them into the healing phase again.

Paula on 9/23/00 at 16:52 (028960)

hello. just trying to get a ball park idea of success rate of eswt with tendonitis or tendonosis÷

Dr. Biehler on 9/23/00 at 17:24 (028964)

If you are talking tears in a tendon you are talking at least a grade two sprain/strain. I feel these should be given time to heal. If they become chronic and painfull then the ESWT should be able to stimulate them into the healing phase again.