Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Fractured Heel Spur?

Posted by Cindy on 9/23/00 at 18:00 (028971)

Hi,

I just found this wonderful site. Misery does love company. I've been suffering with heel pain for over 1 year. I've been to an orthopedic surgeon and I'm currently being treated by a highly recommended podiatrist. I have been wearing a cast all summer, I have had 2 cortisone shots, and extensive physical therapy (exercises, ultrasound, etc), anti-inflamitories (Vioxx & others). An x-ray revealed a hot spot & a bone scan indicated a fractured bonespur. Has anyone ever heard of this? No one else I have talked to has ever heard of a fractured bone spur. Also, has anyone ever been to a reflexologist? I am considering seeing one. Help! I am desperate!

Thanks,
Cindy

Re: Fractured Heel Spur?

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/23/00 at 18:56 (028978)

Yes. It is my opinion that most heel spurs or as should be called califications are the way the body tries to heal micro-tears of the plantar fascia at the insertion to the medial tubercle of the heel bone. So what is the treatment . If you have tried casting. steriod ,injections physical therapy you may be a very good patient to look into ESWT. Look on the section on ESWT.

Re: Fractured Heel Spur?

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/23/00 at 18:56 (028978)

Yes. It is my opinion that most heel spurs or as should be called califications are the way the body tries to heal micro-tears of the plantar fascia at the insertion to the medial tubercle of the heel bone. So what is the treatment . If you have tried casting. steriod ,injections physical therapy you may be a very good patient to look into ESWT. Look on the section on ESWT.