Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Does anybody know?

Posted by Pauline on 9/23/00 at 21:15 (028989)

Does anyone know who was the first person to practice Podiatry, where and when? An inquiring mind want to know.

Re: Does anybody know?

wendyn on 9/23/00 at 22:00 (028993)

I don't know if he was the first 'podiatrist' or not - but I know Dr Scholl was a pioneer in foot related treatments. I spent a very pleasant hour and a half all by myself in the Dr Scholl's foot museum in Chicago this past spring. I highly recommend it for anyone interested in the evolution of foot related medicine.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/23/00 at 23:10 (028998)

I know that Dr. Lewi (MD) founded the first school of podiatry which is the New York College of Podiatric Medicine. You may be able to get this information at the Temple School of Podiatry Web Site. They have a book on the history of podiatry. I think the first podiatrist was my Great Great Great Grandfather . Dr. ZZZZ.

Barbara TX on 9/23/00 at 23:22 (029002)

My great, great, great grandmother (Mrs. Barbara Barbara Barbara TX) was treated by a man named Dr. ZZZZZ, but he was a sleep therapist.

wendyn on 9/23/00 at 22:00 (028993)

I don't know if he was the first 'podiatrist' or not - but I know Dr Scholl was a pioneer in foot related treatments. I spent a very pleasant hour and a half all by myself in the Dr Scholl's foot museum in Chicago this past spring. I highly recommend it for anyone interested in the evolution of foot related medicine.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/23/00 at 23:10 (028998)

I know that Dr. Lewi (MD) founded the first school of podiatry which is the New York College of Podiatric Medicine. You may be able to get this information at the Temple School of Podiatry Web Site. They have a book on the history of podiatry. I think the first podiatrist was my Great Great Great Grandfather . Dr. ZZZZ.

Barbara TX on 9/23/00 at 23:22 (029002)

My great, great, great grandmother (Mrs. Barbara Barbara Barbara TX) was treated by a man named Dr. ZZZZZ, but he was a sleep therapist.