Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

NightSplint

Posted by Bob G. on 9/25/00 at 01:35 (029088)

The first thought in my mind the other morning was, 'Hey, my knee brace must be down around my calf...' so, as I removed the bed covers I discovered that I was still wearing my NightSplint. I thought to myself, 'I didn't even realize I had it on!'

The point is, the NightSplint can be done. There was a time I couldn't wear it all night. I spent weeks trying to get used to it. Now, it is like cotton candy. I prefer beer, but cotton candy is more poetic, don't you think?

I wore the NightSplint for the last two nights because I can feel the PF coming back, and I don't want it. So, my remedy is to wear the NightSplint.

Also, I have found brisk walking better than jogging. Hey, it's either that or not grow older. BG

Re: NightSplint

Steve P on 9/25/00 at 09:07 (029099)

Bob --- I agree. My nightsplint has become second nature. I can take it off or put it on in pitch darkness without even a thought. I have mine set at 10 degrees dorsiflection, which I gradually worked up to (2 1/2 degrees at a time) over a period of months.
Nightsplints rock!

Steve

Re: Okay, you nightsplint people...

Barbara TX on 9/25/00 at 10:12 (029100)

This is my problem... I have been wearing this evil thing for four months, and it hurts like hell. I get this awful aching/stretching feeling in my arch near the heel. I have mine set at only five. Although I seem to have decent flexibility when I'm out of it, my feet totally rebel while in it. The balls of my feet push so hard on the bottom that they bend it, and my heel 'ooches' out from the bottom, no matter how tightly I bind the ankle strap. One of these days I'm going to snap that sucker in two I put so much pressure on it. Is there something wrong with me that my feet are still not used to this thing after so long? I don't know what to do about this, because the theory behind using the splint seems so sound to me. Frustrating!!!!!! Any advice from the brotherhood of the nightsplint would be appreciated. B.

Nancy S. on 9/25/00 at 10:53 (029102)

Barbara, what brand is your evil night splint? It doesn't sound as if it fits you right. A lot of people seem to like the ones that have all these buckles and straps and different degrees you can set them to, but I've been very happy with my simple blue Johnson & Johnson. It's cushioned all over, and has three cushiony, wide velcro straps that you can make tighter or looser just by where you stick the velcro to the material. It has a wedge you can wear in the bottom, which creates extra dorsiflexion, or you can wear it without and have your foot in neutral. Either way, the main point is to keep the fascia from contracting, and my understanding is that you don't need to be getting any kind of major stretch at the same time.
I highly recommend this one -- or, I think it was Kim who posted a web site that has one very similar, and I thought that one looked great too. But I don't know the site address anymore. Do you, Kim? And how the heck are ya?
Nancy

john h on 9/25/00 at 12:18 (029107)

barbara: sounds like you have big feet.

Bob G. on 9/25/00 at 12:49 (029108)

Barbara, I know it can be uncomfortable. Nancy's suggestion is good about finding a more comfy material.

The solution that works best for me is to wear the Strassberg Sock at the same time and along with the NightSplint. The S/Sock keeps the foot from pressing into the NightSplint (as you mentioned your foot does just that). You can do a search on this Board under my name to get my stroy(ies) on this subject: things you can add to your NightSplint, ie S/Sock, arch supports, and sometimes even a knee brace. You can even pretend you're a baseball catcher or hockey goalie LOL

Good luck! BG

Re: My secret exposed...a dear John letter.

Barbara TX on 9/25/00 at 14:03 (029114)

Yes, John H., you have discovered my Amazon secret. I have big feet - size twelve. I do not blow over in a stiff wind. I am six feet tall, so they fit me, but on my baby daughter they are hilarious! When I was a teenager my ice skates had to be custom made and I have no problem fitting into guys shoes - in fact, my husband and I wear exactly the same size (maybe he's a little bigger, but not by much). He has done all of my shoe shopping this year. I just send him out for Birks, and if they fit him, they'll fit me. I swim very well. My feet are like fins.

So much for the illusion of a petite, wealthy socialite sitting around the pool here in Texas. B.

Barbara S. on 9/25/00 at 14:15 (029115)

My nightspint is the 'Spasms of Agony' model by Satan's Delight, Inc. But, seriously... it is the Alimed PF II Nightsplint and it is supposed to be THE nightspint to have. It is cushioned terrycloth all over with terry straps and adjustable velcro... it is actually very nice, but I'm worried more about what a splint seems to do mechanically to my foot. All day I walk (? my version of walking) around in archy Birks and then at night I smash my foot flat in a nightsplint. I will try the suggestion of putting arch support in the flat bottom of the splint to maintain my arch. That's a good idea. I have these useless orthotics sitting around here - maybe they will do - as long as I'm not walking around in them... Hmmm. B.

Re: Okay, you nightsplint people... a question

Lori E. on 9/25/00 at 15:32 (029118)

I have been using the J&J night splint with my orthodic. It works better than using it alone.(I figured that out after a few days.) It came with an extra pad to increase dorsoflexion(sp?) but I am not able to wear it yet. It cranks on my heel too much. I have noticed a small improvement in two weeks, but I am seriously thinking about a walking cast that I can remove at night instead.
I am wondering how long I should wear the nightsplint before I should be seeing a real improvement? I have first step pain, but I also run into pain from overuse, and that is just from puttering around the house. What is the average time for some decrease in pain from using a nightsplint? Thanks for any info you have on this.

Re: I have an appt. tomorrow to order a nightsplint.

Beverly on 9/25/00 at 17:21 (029127)

I have an appointment tomorrow with the orthodics guy to order a nightsplint. He has a catalog with lots and lots of different nightsplints. From what I have learned reading many posts about nightsplints, I will be looking for something well padded, soft and simple.
I could order something off the internet, but doing it this way with my perscription will hopefully get my nightsplint paid by insurance.
And I figure I will get some instructions on how to put the thing on.

One choice I have to make is between the fixed style that stays in neutral and the adjustable kind. I am the LEAST mechanical person in the world; so whatever I get, it's got to be simple.

God has blessed me with the ablility to sleep through almost anything.
I'm hoping that includes the nightsplint. I wish I had tried it sooner.
Here I am at six months, and I'm only now moving from 'window shopping' to actually ordering and getting ready to wear one.

See ya,
Beverly
PS: BarabaraTX, I also have big feet. I began in pre-PF era as a 9N.
I have changed to a 9.5-10.5B, depending on the shoe. In European shoes, I wear a 41, except Birks, which I wear a size 40. So you are not the only big-footed Texan. Sad thing is, I'm only 5.5 tall.

Re: Get an Adjustable Nightsplint

salina on 9/25/00 at 18:03 (029133)

I have problems with the nightsplint too.
When I am able to wear them allnight, I can really tell a difference in my feet the next day.
But, its getting through the night that is kicking me in the rear.

My nightsplints are not adjustable. And on good days when my feet aren't in that much pain by bedtime, my feet go in pretty good.
But, on those days when my feet are hurting, and my arches are REALLY hurting, its a different story all together. I feel the pull so bad, i end up having to take them off. And they can't help if i don't wear them.
I want to get some adjustable ones, so I could start at a low point, and keep that up for several weeks, then move up a notch or two, etc etc.
I think you should get adjustable ones. Then you can adjust them to a comfortable level, and wear them all night. Instead of what i do, get frustrated and throw them off.

john h on 9/25/00 at 18:35 (029138)

where in east texas do you do your ice skating barbara? size 12?hmmmmm! . remember the song 'Big John' by Tennessee Ernie Ford? we might to redo that with 'Big Barbara, big bad Barbara'.

Barbara TX on 9/25/00 at 18:39 (029139)

I would get an adjustable nightsplint - mine came pre-set at 10 dorsiflex and it was too much so I could set it to 5. The Alimed PF II is a really fine splint. I think the problem is mine. It has a terry cover that you can take off and wash - even order replacement covers. It is also very light and snags no bedcovers.

My Birk clogs are a 44. My son has been known to use one as a cave for plastic dinosaurs and Star Wars figures. When I am expecting a baby, I actually wear a size 13. Since I am pretty secure about it now as an adult I am actually entertained by walking into shoe stores and asking for a 12. I have a wonderful sister in law who sells shoes at Marshall Fields in Chicago and is a stand up comedian at Second City, and she tells lots of jokes about trying to get me shoes (cool ones, that is). She has succeeded several times - some cool size 13 Via Spiga pumps and wonderful leather Mary Janes with a hip square toe... now, of course, I can wear none of them, it is torture because I LOVE pretty shoes. B.

john h on 9/25/00 at 18:40 (029140)

maybe we are finding the common thread here! girls with big feet have more pf or is it more fun. in iceland and greenland we wore what was called mukaluks. i bet they would be good for pf. perhaps wendy has seen or heard of these since she is in canada. i hung out with a royal canadian mountie who was in the northwest territory wendy. he could not sing like nelson eddie but he looked great in his half eskimo/mounty outfit.

Barbara TX on 9/25/00 at 18:46 (029142)

Girls with big feet are just more fun in general. I have also noticed that they are smarter and better looking. B.

Barbara TX on 9/25/00 at 18:50 (029143)

I was born and raised in MINNESOTA. It was so cold there that we just flooded our backyard with a garden hose and skated until April. Other than that, we used lakes and rivers (I was raised on the Mississippi in St. Paul). I have skated here at the Galleria - which is a big mall with a skating rink in the middle. People get out of my way when they see those size 12's coming, let me tell you. I am queen of the rink. B.

Steve P on 9/25/00 at 19:33 (029146)

Barb --- I also have the Alimed II & have been pleased with it. I highly recommend an adjustable nightsplint.

So you were born in the Land of 10 Thousand Lakes & 10 Trillion Mosquitoes? Me too.

Ya, let's have some Hotdish. You bet.

Steve

wendyn on 9/25/00 at 19:51 (029147)

I'm pretty sure that mukaluks are suede/leather 'booties' with fur on them. I have seen them lots - no support though so I wouldn't wear them....unless....I could put them OVER the Birks....hmmmm.

People here do not run around in mukaluks or eskimo outfits. Our 'Mounties' don't run around in those silly red and black outfits like they do on TV either. Then again, they don't all look like Paul Gross either....(I think that's his name - the good looking dude from 'Due South'). We do, however, have police officers downtown on horseback and on bicycles in addition to the cops on motorbikes and in squad cars. The ones on horseback are my favorite - something about those black cowboy hats.....but I digress.

Re: Adjusting to the NightSplint

Bob G. on 9/25/00 at 23:59 (029155)

Hello, All!

It took me along time to get used to my NightSplint. At times, I thought I never would - but you know the pain was sooo bad that I was determined to do it. So after months of trying, and kept giving up, and then weeks of really trying, and increasing the duration gradually until I had it on all night - and I was sleepy and grouchy all day for weeks - I finally got used to it.

I wear my NightSplint whenever I want, occasionally and without any bother. Now it's NightSplint at night (2 or 3 times a week) and the FootFlex many times a day (24 x 7). BG

john h on 9/26/00 at 09:34 (029171)

i guess we should pass on the mukluks as i just looked at a pair on the internet at $950.00 plus shipping. You would sure be a hit being seen in these babies especially if you are tall.

Barbara TX on 9/26/00 at 12:50 (029183)

The only real problem with the Alimed is that the little foam thingie that holds the top of your ankle into the splint is too hard for me. I stuff a sock full of cotton in between me and the thingie. Quite impossibly, my heel continues to ooch out of the bottom of the splint, no matter how hard I crank my foot into it. Do you have the thingie up against your bare skin? or a sock?

I'm off to bake some bars. You bet. B.

john a on 9/26/00 at 15:24 (029198)

Now that's at least the second time you've used that 'ooch' word! Is that some local Texas idiom or just a neat coinage you made up on the spot (maybe ooze + scoot + ouch + inch :-) ?

Re: your question

Steve P on 9/26/00 at 16:12 (029201)

Barb --- I usually put my bare foot in the nightsplint. Like you, I have found that the center strap is too tight against the skin. So I usually put a folded handkerchief between my foot & the strap before tightening it down.

Also, I wouldn't worry about a little play. You want the splint to be reasonably tight, but not uncomfortable. I think a slight amount of movement is OK.

Steve

Re: SPLINT CREEP

Barbara TX on 9/26/00 at 16:30 (029202)

Ooch is from Minnesota. I think its like scooch and ooze put together. The general meaning is to creep. I think a better term for what happens to be is 'splint creep.' The ball of my foot presses so hard into the splint that the heel creeps up and out of the heel cup. This lowers the splint strap around my calf to below my calf - giving me the uncomfortable feeling at night that I constantly need to be pulling up my socks. Consequently, the arch that I have so carefully maintained and babied during the day as squashed as flat as a pancake. I now have a little click in my splint when I pull it back up around my calf (several times a night). This I will call the 'splint creep click.' I find this so annoying that I woke up one morning without the splint - I must have thrown it off in an unconscious rage. B.

Re: SPLINT CREEP?

Steve P on 9/26/00 at 20:08 (029221)

Barb -- Judging from the title of your message, I thought you were calling me a SPLINT CREEP!
Then I read on.... Whew! What a relief!

Re: NightSplint

Steve P on 9/25/00 at 09:07 (029099)

Bob --- I agree. My nightsplint has become second nature. I can take it off or put it on in pitch darkness without even a thought. I have mine set at 10 degrees dorsiflection, which I gradually worked up to (2 1/2 degrees at a time) over a period of months.
Nightsplints rock!

Steve

Barbara TX on 9/25/00 at 10:12 (029100)

This is my problem... I have been wearing this evil thing for four months, and it hurts like hell. I get this awful aching/stretching feeling in my arch near the heel. I have mine set at only five. Although I seem to have decent flexibility when I'm out of it, my feet totally rebel while in it. The balls of my feet push so hard on the bottom that they bend it, and my heel 'ooches' out from the bottom, no matter how tightly I bind the ankle strap. One of these days I'm going to snap that sucker in two I put so much pressure on it. Is there something wrong with me that my feet are still not used to this thing after so long? I don't know what to do about this, because the theory behind using the splint seems so sound to me. Frustrating!!!!!! Any advice from the brotherhood of the nightsplint would be appreciated. B.

Nancy S. on 9/25/00 at 10:53 (029102)

Barbara, what brand is your evil night splint? It doesn't sound as if it fits you right. A lot of people seem to like the ones that have all these buckles and straps and different degrees you can set them to, but I've been very happy with my simple blue Johnson & Johnson. It's cushioned all over, and has three cushiony, wide velcro straps that you can make tighter or looser just by where you stick the velcro to the material. It has a wedge you can wear in the bottom, which creates extra dorsiflexion, or you can wear it without and have your foot in neutral. Either way, the main point is to keep the fascia from contracting, and my understanding is that you don't need to be getting any kind of major stretch at the same time.
I highly recommend this one -- or, I think it was Kim who posted a web site that has one very similar, and I thought that one looked great too. But I don't know the site address anymore. Do you, Kim? And how the heck are ya?
Nancy

john h on 9/25/00 at 12:18 (029107)

barbara: sounds like you have big feet.

Bob G. on 9/25/00 at 12:49 (029108)

Barbara, I know it can be uncomfortable. Nancy's suggestion is good about finding a more comfy material.

The solution that works best for me is to wear the Strassberg Sock at the same time and along with the NightSplint. The S/Sock keeps the foot from pressing into the NightSplint (as you mentioned your foot does just that). You can do a search on this Board under my name to get my stroy(ies) on this subject: things you can add to your NightSplint, ie S/Sock, arch supports, and sometimes even a knee brace. You can even pretend you're a baseball catcher or hockey goalie LOL

Good luck! BG

Barbara TX on 9/25/00 at 14:03 (029114)

Yes, John H., you have discovered my Amazon secret. I have big feet - size twelve. I do not blow over in a stiff wind. I am six feet tall, so they fit me, but on my baby daughter they are hilarious! When I was a teenager my ice skates had to be custom made and I have no problem fitting into guys shoes - in fact, my husband and I wear exactly the same size (maybe he's a little bigger, but not by much). He has done all of my shoe shopping this year. I just send him out for Birks, and if they fit him, they'll fit me. I swim very well. My feet are like fins.

So much for the illusion of a petite, wealthy socialite sitting around the pool here in Texas. B.

Barbara S. on 9/25/00 at 14:15 (029115)

My nightspint is the 'Spasms of Agony' model by Satan's Delight, Inc. But, seriously... it is the Alimed PF II Nightsplint and it is supposed to be THE nightspint to have. It is cushioned terrycloth all over with terry straps and adjustable velcro... it is actually very nice, but I'm worried more about what a splint seems to do mechanically to my foot. All day I walk (? my version of walking) around in archy Birks and then at night I smash my foot flat in a nightsplint. I will try the suggestion of putting arch support in the flat bottom of the splint to maintain my arch. That's a good idea. I have these useless orthotics sitting around here - maybe they will do - as long as I'm not walking around in them... Hmmm. B.

Re: Okay, you nightsplint people... a question

Lori E. on 9/25/00 at 15:32 (029118)

I have been using the J&J night splint with my orthodic. It works better than using it alone.(I figured that out after a few days.) It came with an extra pad to increase dorsoflexion(sp?) but I am not able to wear it yet. It cranks on my heel too much. I have noticed a small improvement in two weeks, but I am seriously thinking about a walking cast that I can remove at night instead.
I am wondering how long I should wear the nightsplint before I should be seeing a real improvement? I have first step pain, but I also run into pain from overuse, and that is just from puttering around the house. What is the average time for some decrease in pain from using a nightsplint? Thanks for any info you have on this.

Beverly on 9/25/00 at 17:21 (029127)

I have an appointment tomorrow with the orthodics guy to order a nightsplint. He has a catalog with lots and lots of different nightsplints. From what I have learned reading many posts about nightsplints, I will be looking for something well padded, soft and simple.
I could order something off the internet, but doing it this way with my perscription will hopefully get my nightsplint paid by insurance.
And I figure I will get some instructions on how to put the thing on.

One choice I have to make is between the fixed style that stays in neutral and the adjustable kind. I am the LEAST mechanical person in the world; so whatever I get, it's got to be simple.

God has blessed me with the ablility to sleep through almost anything.
I'm hoping that includes the nightsplint. I wish I had tried it sooner.
Here I am at six months, and I'm only now moving from 'window shopping' to actually ordering and getting ready to wear one.

See ya,
Beverly
PS: BarabaraTX, I also have big feet. I began in pre-PF era as a 9N.
I have changed to a 9.5-10.5B, depending on the shoe. In European shoes, I wear a 41, except Birks, which I wear a size 40. So you are not the only big-footed Texan. Sad thing is, I'm only 5.5 tall.

Re: Get an Adjustable Nightsplint

salina on 9/25/00 at 18:03 (029133)

I have problems with the nightsplint too.
When I am able to wear them allnight, I can really tell a difference in my feet the next day.
But, its getting through the night that is kicking me in the rear.

My nightsplints are not adjustable. And on good days when my feet aren't in that much pain by bedtime, my feet go in pretty good.
But, on those days when my feet are hurting, and my arches are REALLY hurting, its a different story all together. I feel the pull so bad, i end up having to take them off. And they can't help if i don't wear them.
I want to get some adjustable ones, so I could start at a low point, and keep that up for several weeks, then move up a notch or two, etc etc.
I think you should get adjustable ones. Then you can adjust them to a comfortable level, and wear them all night. Instead of what i do, get frustrated and throw them off.

john h on 9/25/00 at 18:35 (029138)

where in east texas do you do your ice skating barbara? size 12?hmmmmm! . remember the song 'Big John' by Tennessee Ernie Ford? we might to redo that with 'Big Barbara, big bad Barbara'.

Barbara TX on 9/25/00 at 18:39 (029139)

I would get an adjustable nightsplint - mine came pre-set at 10 dorsiflex and it was too much so I could set it to 5. The Alimed PF II is a really fine splint. I think the problem is mine. It has a terry cover that you can take off and wash - even order replacement covers. It is also very light and snags no bedcovers.

My Birk clogs are a 44. My son has been known to use one as a cave for plastic dinosaurs and Star Wars figures. When I am expecting a baby, I actually wear a size 13. Since I am pretty secure about it now as an adult I am actually entertained by walking into shoe stores and asking for a 12. I have a wonderful sister in law who sells shoes at Marshall Fields in Chicago and is a stand up comedian at Second City, and she tells lots of jokes about trying to get me shoes (cool ones, that is). She has succeeded several times - some cool size 13 Via Spiga pumps and wonderful leather Mary Janes with a hip square toe... now, of course, I can wear none of them, it is torture because I LOVE pretty shoes. B.

john h on 9/25/00 at 18:40 (029140)

maybe we are finding the common thread here! girls with big feet have more pf or is it more fun. in iceland and greenland we wore what was called mukaluks. i bet they would be good for pf. perhaps wendy has seen or heard of these since she is in canada. i hung out with a royal canadian mountie who was in the northwest territory wendy. he could not sing like nelson eddie but he looked great in his half eskimo/mounty outfit.

Barbara TX on 9/25/00 at 18:46 (029142)

Girls with big feet are just more fun in general. I have also noticed that they are smarter and better looking. B.

Barbara TX on 9/25/00 at 18:50 (029143)

I was born and raised in MINNESOTA. It was so cold there that we just flooded our backyard with a garden hose and skated until April. Other than that, we used lakes and rivers (I was raised on the Mississippi in St. Paul). I have skated here at the Galleria - which is a big mall with a skating rink in the middle. People get out of my way when they see those size 12's coming, let me tell you. I am queen of the rink. B.

Steve P on 9/25/00 at 19:33 (029146)

Barb --- I also have the Alimed II & have been pleased with it. I highly recommend an adjustable nightsplint.

So you were born in the Land of 10 Thousand Lakes & 10 Trillion Mosquitoes? Me too.

Ya, let's have some Hotdish. You bet.

Steve

wendyn on 9/25/00 at 19:51 (029147)

I'm pretty sure that mukaluks are suede/leather 'booties' with fur on them. I have seen them lots - no support though so I wouldn't wear them....unless....I could put them OVER the Birks....hmmmm.

People here do not run around in mukaluks or eskimo outfits. Our 'Mounties' don't run around in those silly red and black outfits like they do on TV either. Then again, they don't all look like Paul Gross either....(I think that's his name - the good looking dude from 'Due South'). We do, however, have police officers downtown on horseback and on bicycles in addition to the cops on motorbikes and in squad cars. The ones on horseback are my favorite - something about those black cowboy hats.....but I digress.

Re: Adjusting to the NightSplint

Bob G. on 9/25/00 at 23:59 (029155)

Hello, All!

It took me along time to get used to my NightSplint. At times, I thought I never would - but you know the pain was sooo bad that I was determined to do it. So after months of trying, and kept giving up, and then weeks of really trying, and increasing the duration gradually until I had it on all night - and I was sleepy and grouchy all day for weeks - I finally got used to it.

I wear my NightSplint whenever I want, occasionally and without any bother. Now it's NightSplint at night (2 or 3 times a week) and the FootFlex many times a day (24 x 7). BG

john h on 9/26/00 at 09:34 (029171)

i guess we should pass on the mukluks as i just looked at a pair on the internet at $950.00 plus shipping. You would sure be a hit being seen in these babies especially if you are tall.

Barbara TX on 9/26/00 at 12:50 (029183)

The only real problem with the Alimed is that the little foam thingie that holds the top of your ankle into the splint is too hard for me. I stuff a sock full of cotton in between me and the thingie. Quite impossibly, my heel continues to ooch out of the bottom of the splint, no matter how hard I crank my foot into it. Do you have the thingie up against your bare skin? or a sock?

I'm off to bake some bars. You bet. B.

john a on 9/26/00 at 15:24 (029198)

Now that's at least the second time you've used that 'ooch' word! Is that some local Texas idiom or just a neat coinage you made up on the spot (maybe ooze + scoot + ouch + inch :-) ?

Re: your question

Steve P on 9/26/00 at 16:12 (029201)

Barb --- I usually put my bare foot in the nightsplint. Like you, I have found that the center strap is too tight against the skin. So I usually put a folded handkerchief between my foot & the strap before tightening it down.

Also, I wouldn't worry about a little play. You want the splint to be reasonably tight, but not uncomfortable. I think a slight amount of movement is OK.

Steve

Re: SPLINT CREEP

Barbara TX on 9/26/00 at 16:30 (029202)

Ooch is from Minnesota. I think its like scooch and ooze put together. The general meaning is to creep. I think a better term for what happens to be is 'splint creep.' The ball of my foot presses so hard into the splint that the heel creeps up and out of the heel cup. This lowers the splint strap around my calf to below my calf - giving me the uncomfortable feeling at night that I constantly need to be pulling up my socks. Consequently, the arch that I have so carefully maintained and babied during the day as squashed as flat as a pancake. I now have a little click in my splint when I pull it back up around my calf (several times a night). This I will call the 'splint creep click.' I find this so annoying that I woke up one morning without the splint - I must have thrown it off in an unconscious rage. B.

Re: SPLINT CREEP?

Steve P on 9/26/00 at 20:08 (029221)

Barb -- Judging from the title of your message, I thought you were calling me a SPLINT CREEP!
Then I read on.... Whew! What a relief!