Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

eswt

Posted by Rina S. on 9/25/00 at 22:48 (029153)

I had tx Sept. 7, 2000 and felt better the first two weeks following tx than I do now. Aside from some tenderness, when I palpate the tender area, I feel something hard and almost a pins and needle-like feeling or something similar to when you hit your crazy bone type feeling in the area of the tenderness. What might this be? I don't go back to Dr. Weil Sr. until Oct.27th. Perhaps I will call the office though to see if he is back in town yet. I am trying to stay encouraged but a little concerned about what I am feeling. Why initially would it have felt so good and now into 3+weeks post tx would I feel worse? I am trying not to get discouraged, for I know it can take up to 3months for full effects to be felt. I am still better than I was before tx. I believe my tx was done using the Orbasone. Is there a rating of which machine works better? Which machine are you most familiar with? Which one do you use? If there is one you would favor over another, why?

Re: eswt

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/26/00 at 08:50 (029167)

You can have good days and bad days with ESWT treatments. If you are having pain decrease your activiy. Some times you need a second treatment. This can only be determined by the treating doctor. Good luck. The fact that it is less pain then pre-orbaone treatment is a good sign.

Rina S on 9/26/00 at 11:22 (029178)

I am still very curious as to the differences between one machine and another. My tx was with the orbasone, but I know there are others. Does one have a better record of success then the other? Why use one over the other? If i require a second tx, should I consider tx by a different machine other than the orbasone?

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/26/00 at 23:34 (029236)

The orbasone is a very good machine which provides high energy ESWT treatment. There are alot of different machines out there . If you want to stay in the USA then the orbasone is your only choice. The ossatron isn't available yet. This is also a high energy machine. Why do you want to switch. About 30% of patients will need a second treatment on any machine period. If there is a specific treatment and machine that you are looking into I would be happy to give you my opinion

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/26/00 at 08:50 (029167)

You can have good days and bad days with ESWT treatments. If you are having pain decrease your activiy. Some times you need a second treatment. This can only be determined by the treating doctor. Good luck. The fact that it is less pain then pre-orbaone treatment is a good sign.

Rina S on 9/26/00 at 11:22 (029178)

I am still very curious as to the differences between one machine and another. My tx was with the orbasone, but I know there are others. Does one have a better record of success then the other? Why use one over the other? If i require a second tx, should I consider tx by a different machine other than the orbasone?

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/26/00 at 23:34 (029236)

The orbasone is a very good machine which provides high energy ESWT treatment. There are alot of different machines out there . If you want to stay in the USA then the orbasone is your only choice. The ossatron isn't available yet. This is also a high energy machine. Why do you want to switch. About 30% of patients will need a second treatment on any machine period. If there is a specific treatment and machine that you are looking into I would be happy to give you my opinion