Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

stiches

Posted by cheryl on 9/26/00 at 10:15 (029173)

how long should they stay in after open release surgery? will they start to attach to the skin? will the incision pop open with too much weight??i have 4 stiches on bottom of my foot....

Re: stiches

amy on 9/26/00 at 10:25 (029174)

I had open PF release on 09-05-00 had my stiches removed on 09-19-00 two weeks later. I to only had four stiches. Incision is doing fine now. Just be sure to keep it clean

john h on 9/26/00 at 15:47 (029199)

stitches usually out in 10 days.

dianab on 9/27/00 at 10:25 (029242)

I had open release on 9/19 and my stitches come out on 9/30. I have 6 stitches. Are they putting you in a hard cast after the stitches come out? My doc wants to keep it stretched out so it doesn't fuse back together again.Also do you have any numbing along the cut? I do and I don't know if that is normal.Have to talk to doc on saturday.

cheryl on 9/27/00 at 11:46 (029252)

I love this i can actually communcate with someone with the same things happenig to them as me..this is it: starting 5/99 pain in the bottom of my foot..tried all over the counter stuff...went to the my primary care phy.in 9/99.sent me to pod around 10/99 started conservative treatment rest,walking/aircast,rest 2cortizone shots., vitamins, neurotin, you name it i tried it.surgery 9/15/00, stitches are still in'i am out of a 1/2 hard cast.. in walking/air cast again tried to put weight on it yesterday and i thought i was going to die dr. says go slow do not do any exercise and just let it heal...i am hoping not to need the strong medication soon i am going to start the neurotin again i think that was the best thing he said to make an appt. for about 10 days to get stictches out../can't wait to walk ...can't wait....

Pat M. on 9/27/00 at 20:28 (029284)

Diana,
I had Open Release on August 2. My stitches came out on August 9. I was never put in a cast, but I did have plenty of numbness around the incision. That has pretty much gone away. It's been about eight weeks now and I am happy to say that I am actually wearing normal shoes. (Made it through a whole day today) I also went shopping with my eight year old this past Saturday. I haven't been able to do that for about a year.

good luck,
Pat M.

amy on 9/26/00 at 10:25 (029174)

I had open PF release on 09-05-00 had my stiches removed on 09-19-00 two weeks later. I to only had four stiches. Incision is doing fine now. Just be sure to keep it clean

john h on 9/26/00 at 15:47 (029199)

stitches usually out in 10 days.

dianab on 9/27/00 at 10:25 (029242)

I had open release on 9/19 and my stitches come out on 9/30. I have 6 stitches. Are they putting you in a hard cast after the stitches come out? My doc wants to keep it stretched out so it doesn't fuse back together again.Also do you have any numbing along the cut? I do and I don't know if that is normal.Have to talk to doc on saturday.

cheryl on 9/27/00 at 11:46 (029252)

I love this i can actually communcate with someone with the same things happenig to them as me..this is it: starting 5/99 pain in the bottom of my foot..tried all over the counter stuff...went to the my primary care phy.in 9/99.sent me to pod around 10/99 started conservative treatment rest,walking/aircast,rest 2cortizone shots., vitamins, neurotin, you name it i tried it.surgery 9/15/00, stitches are still in'i am out of a 1/2 hard cast.. in walking/air cast again tried to put weight on it yesterday and i thought i was going to die dr. says go slow do not do any exercise and just let it heal...i am hoping not to need the strong medication soon i am going to start the neurotin again i think that was the best thing he said to make an appt. for about 10 days to get stictches out../can't wait to walk ...can't wait....

Pat M. on 9/27/00 at 20:28 (029284)

Diana,
I had Open Release on August 2. My stitches came out on August 9. I was never put in a cast, but I did have plenty of numbness around the incision. That has pretty much gone away. It's been about eight weeks now and I am happy to say that I am actually wearing normal shoes. (Made it through a whole day today) I also went shopping with my eight year old this past Saturday. I haven't been able to do that for about a year.

good luck,
Pat M.