Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Bone spur returns

Posted by r.alexander on 9/26/00 at 22:42 (029232)

Doctors, please help...I had a bone spur on the back of my left heel removed in 1994. Guess what, it's back. Now my orthopedic surgeon wants to operate again removing the spur and calcium deposits and scar tissue. He says that it is very rare for this to occur, but gives me no answer as to why. Can you help? I had the same problem on the right foot, too and had surgery on it also. A spur has re-emerged on the bottom of that foot. This is a nightmare. In the 1994 surgery, my achilles tendon ruptured. Believe it or not, I have also had both shoulders repaired with the scope to remove spurs and repair the damage to rotator cuff. what is going on???

Re: Bone spur returns

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/26/00 at 23:25 (029233)

This isn't that rare . It does happen. We have treated many failed and or recurrent posterior achilles tendon calcifications.. This is why I use ESWT to treat this very painful condition. As you know the surgical correction is very painful with a long post-op healing period . Look over the ESWT section. It you want informatin mailed to you call my office at 1-856-848-3338 and speak with Katie. She is very helpful.

Re: Bone spur returns

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/26/00 at 23:25 (029233)

This isn't that rare . It does happen. We have treated many failed and or recurrent posterior achilles tendon calcifications.. This is why I use ESWT to treat this very painful condition. As you know the surgical correction is very painful with a long post-op healing period . Look over the ESWT section. It you want informatin mailed to you call my office at 1-856-848-3338 and speak with Katie. She is very helpful.