Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel spur behind achilles tendon

Posted by Vernon B on 9/27/00 at 13:17 (029259)

I have hada first treatment with the orbasone its about 60% improved, what effect would having a 2nd orbasone treatment have if I elect to have sugery? would I be complicating the problem?

Re: Heel spur behind achilles tendon

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/27/00 at 13:30 (029260)

I would continue with the additional orabsone treatments. How long has it been since your last orbasone treatment? You can always have the surgery regardless of how many ESWT treatments you have had. What kind of tendon surgery are you looking into

scott r on 9/27/00 at 16:51 (029268)

test

Debra G on 9/27/00 at 23:18 (029298)

By all means Vernon..I would definitely try any alternative that had any chances of improving your situation BEFORE you have the surgery..i had heel spur removal plus repair of a ruptured tendon due to that spur..and Dr Z you were so very right, it has been 3 weeks and i have hurt like $@#@&!! I have a very high pain tolerance and have made it thru ok..so far..(but don't think i am not counting down the days to get this contraption off my leg and outta this wheelchair! ha ha) I also realize that it's still a long road to complete use and recovery of this foot and leg. I would just recommend to anyone that had any chance of relief by other treatments besides surg..GO FOR IT!

Vernon B on 9/28/00 at 14:49 (029347)

Thank you Dr. Zimmerman:
It has been 8 weeks since CSWT and I will have another treatment knowing that it won't make things worse.
I am about 60-70% improved.
Vernon B.

JudyS on 9/28/00 at 15:15 (029351)

I was just wondering if Dr's. Zimmerman and Lewi practice CSWT together? That would be Critical Sensoring of Wise-alec Tormentors.....like me!

Sorry, Vernon, I just happened to pick up a typo in your message and couldn't let it go.........OK OK I'll go home now.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/28/00 at 22:38 (029381)

I have used orbasone ESWT two -three times on the same patients. The
additional treatment are almost always needed. Just no high performance sports or running after the treatment. I read in the book shockwave therapy that a professional had a rupture after the treatment but he was a profeesional sports person so who knows if the tendon wasn't torn from the start. Very important to rest and not alot of activity or high impact sports after the treatments. Stretching is very good especially with the Personal Foot Trainers after the treatments

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/27/00 at 13:30 (029260)

I would continue with the additional orabsone treatments. How long has it been since your last orbasone treatment? You can always have the surgery regardless of how many ESWT treatments you have had. What kind of tendon surgery are you looking into

scott r on 9/27/00 at 16:51 (029268)

test

Debra G on 9/27/00 at 23:18 (029298)

By all means Vernon..I would definitely try any alternative that had any chances of improving your situation BEFORE you have the surgery..i had heel spur removal plus repair of a ruptured tendon due to that spur..and Dr Z you were so very right, it has been 3 weeks and i have hurt like $@#@&!! I have a very high pain tolerance and have made it thru ok..so far..(but don't think i am not counting down the days to get this contraption off my leg and outta this wheelchair! ha ha) I also realize that it's still a long road to complete use and recovery of this foot and leg. I would just recommend to anyone that had any chance of relief by other treatments besides surg..GO FOR IT!

Vernon B on 9/28/00 at 14:49 (029347)

Thank you Dr. Zimmerman:
It has been 8 weeks since CSWT and I will have another treatment knowing that it won't make things worse.
I am about 60-70% improved.
Vernon B.

JudyS on 9/28/00 at 15:15 (029351)

I was just wondering if Dr's. Zimmerman and Lewi practice CSWT together? That would be Critical Sensoring of Wise-alec Tormentors.....like me!

Sorry, Vernon, I just happened to pick up a typo in your message and couldn't let it go.........OK OK I'll go home now.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/28/00 at 22:38 (029381)

I have used orbasone ESWT two -three times on the same patients. The
additional treatment are almost always needed. Just no high performance sports or running after the treatment. I read in the book shockwave therapy that a professional had a rupture after the treatment but he was a profeesional sports person so who knows if the tendon wasn't torn from the start. Very important to rest and not alot of activity or high impact sports after the treatments. Stretching is very good especially with the Personal Foot Trainers after the treatments