Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

plantar fasitis

Posted by mary s on 9/27/00 at 22:14 (029289)

I am a nurse. I have had plantar fasitis for about six years. I recently went to a poditrist because I couldn't stant the pain anymore. She gave me two cortisone injections and sent me to physical therapy. I did the exercises and they taped my feet. None of this helped. I went back to the doctor and she said the only other thing she could do was surgery. I have to work and can't take time off for the recovery. I have started researching the treatment options. My doctor didn't tell me about any of the things that I have found. If I had casts applied could I still work?

Re: plantar fasitis

Dr. Biehler on 9/27/00 at 22:27 (029291)

Welcome to this site. If you are looking for plantar fasciitis treatments that help avoid surgery and the long recouperative process , read everything you can on these pages about ESWT. I think this is a much better option than trying to work and live in casts. Dr. B.

Re: plantar fasitis

Dr. Biehler on 9/27/00 at 22:27 (029291)

Welcome to this site. If you are looking for plantar fasciitis treatments that help avoid surgery and the long recouperative process , read everything you can on these pages about ESWT. I think this is a much better option than trying to work and live in casts. Dr. B.