Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

laughing or crying..............

Posted by JudyS on 9/28/00 at 13:19 (029334)

Hi guys - I've been away from the computer this week but finally get a chance to check in........and I don't know when I last laughed SO HARD (Dr. HeuyLouiewhatever) or been quite so distressed with PF news - Barbara's hubby and Beverly's setback. Barbara I am so very sorry to hear of this job loss but I sure respect your attitude about it...I hope you can maintain it well AND not maintain it when a good cry will do the trick!
Hey Beverly, we've talked about setbacks often here. As good as I've been getting, I'm still also having setbacks so I sure empathise. I've mentioned before that I've had this for about 2.5 years now but I am for sure a good 70% better than a year ago. I realize more and more that improvement comes in very tiny, almost unnoticable, increments. The good news with me is that I walked normally in PT the other day and could really feel ALL my lower leg and foot muscles doing their job. I had no sensation of discomfort in my arch during that little demonstration walk and the PT noticed it as well. You may have noticed that I said 'muscles doing their work'.....to me that means that all the %&!$& strengthening exercises I'm doing are finally paying off! I know your frustration and I encourage you to just keep working at it - you know you're doing a good job. No, I'm not 100% and don't know if I ever will be without that last resort to surgery or ESWT. I have a big decision-making moment coming up with my PT running out and seeing the Pod in a couple weeks.

Re: Setbacks

wendyn on 9/28/00 at 14:05 (029341)

Thank you Scott - for setting up a social/humor board where we can all have a good laugh and type nonsense. It breaks up the day and the drudgery! I am at a loss for words to respond to the Good Dr Lewi. That doesn't happen very often.

My feet hurt today, I was dancing around with no pain yesterday morning but they were getting sore by last night. I have intentionally stopped 'babying' them. I have my long awaited MRI on Monday - and although I don't want to hurt myself, I feel that I need to try to live as normally as possible to ensure that if there is anything to see on the MRI - it shows up. I'm concerned that if I don't try to have normal activity prior to the MRI, it may give a false impression that everything is okay.

My bunion is sore too which it normally isn't.

Hopefully the MRI will give us a good idea of what's happening in my feet. It still amazes me that I can still go from virtually no pain one day - to reasonably significant pain in less than 24 hours. All I did was a little extra biking, and walked faster than I have been.

Re: Setbacks

wendyn on 9/28/00 at 14:05 (029341)

Thank you Scott - for setting up a social/humor board where we can all have a good laugh and type nonsense. It breaks up the day and the drudgery! I am at a loss for words to respond to the Good Dr Lewi. That doesn't happen very often.

My feet hurt today, I was dancing around with no pain yesterday morning but they were getting sore by last night. I have intentionally stopped 'babying' them. I have my long awaited MRI on Monday - and although I don't want to hurt myself, I feel that I need to try to live as normally as possible to ensure that if there is anything to see on the MRI - it shows up. I'm concerned that if I don't try to have normal activity prior to the MRI, it may give a false impression that everything is okay.

My bunion is sore too which it normally isn't.

Hopefully the MRI will give us a good idea of what's happening in my feet. It still amazes me that I can still go from virtually no pain one day - to reasonably significant pain in less than 24 hours. All I did was a little extra biking, and walked faster than I have been.