Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Long-lasting relief for Plantar Faciitis

Posted by John L on 9/28/00 at 21:58 (029371)

Try Cellstim Therapy for PF. Its an advanced microcurrent device that really does work.

Re: Long-lasting relief for Plantar Faciitis

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/28/00 at 22:10 (029373)

Can you tell us more about this treatment. Where can I find additinal information about this.?

alan k on 9/29/00 at 08:43 (029401)

Microcurrent is very low amperage, far lower than TENS. It is barely perceptual. The idea is, at least in alternative medicine wings, that it is closer to the natural cell energy than the TENS, electrical acupuncture, etc., and so has a better stimulation effect on that energy. This could be potentially of benefit.

By definition, it can't hurt to try. I don't know if it will help though. Machines in clinical use are expensive, and if they start getting results there will be home shopping network mock-ups which may or may not have the same type of current but will say that they have it. That is at least months away, though.

alan k

Dr. Biehler on 9/29/00 at 10:42 (029418)

It sounds like this divice might be trying to stimulate healing as opposed to the TENs units that justs distrubs the pain signals.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/28/00 at 22:10 (029373)

Can you tell us more about this treatment. Where can I find additinal information about this.?

alan k on 9/29/00 at 08:43 (029401)

Microcurrent is very low amperage, far lower than TENS. It is barely perceptual. The idea is, at least in alternative medicine wings, that it is closer to the natural cell energy than the TENS, electrical acupuncture, etc., and so has a better stimulation effect on that energy. This could be potentially of benefit.

By definition, it can't hurt to try. I don't know if it will help though. Machines in clinical use are expensive, and if they start getting results there will be home shopping network mock-ups which may or may not have the same type of current but will say that they have it. That is at least months away, though.

alan k

Dr. Biehler on 9/29/00 at 10:42 (029418)

It sounds like this divice might be trying to stimulate healing as opposed to the TENs units that justs distrubs the pain signals.