Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Just Checking In...

Posted by Joopie on 9/30/00 at 15:15 (029522)

Hi everyone. I know this is not foot related (except that I had to go off my Celebrex and am now feeling some foot discomfort again...) but I wanted to just update you. I am still taking injections (self given in the stomach) for the deep vein thrombosis. Spending alot of time resting, but moving some to keep the clot from settling too much. Feeling a little depressed - this is scary stuff. Having my blood drawn every day, too. Off work through next Wednesday, and no, I didn't go to any baseball games... pooh. Just thought I'd check in, you all have been so nice! Thanks! - Joopie

Re: Just Checking In...

Dr. Biehler on 9/30/00 at 17:51 (029528)

Keep at it, your doing good. Thanks for the update. Dr. B.

Re: Joopie, do you know how you got the clot?

Beverly on 10/01/00 at 16:51 (029564)

Joopie,

So glad you had your leg examined! Does you doctor have any idea how this happened? For instance, did inactivity contribute? Were you in a wheelchair or some other form of extreme rest? Please take care of yourself. A blood clot is serious stuff.
Best wishes,
Beverly

Joopie on 10/03/00 at 19:26 (029715)

Hi Beverly. Thanks for the note. The only thing we can think of that might be contributing is the Estrogen I was taking. Even with my bad foot I have not been inactive. I wonder if having the brace then the cast on might have contributed? Dr. B??? Dr. Z??? I am off work for a few days more. I am still a bit concerned about the swelling - if I am up too long it starts. Doc said I may feel the ache/discomfort for a long while because that vein is now history. Meanwhile my foot is kind of sore, but likes not being on it as much as usual. Hopefully going back to work will not set it back.

Again, thanks for asking. Hope you and the others are doing well - I'm keeping up as much as possible. -Joopie

Dr. Biehler on 10/04/00 at 06:23 (029743)

Blood clots are always on you mind when ever a cast is recomended. I would tend to agree the is is more estrogen prone, but then it is impossible to know for sure. Dr. B.

Re: Just Checking In...

Dr. Biehler on 9/30/00 at 17:51 (029528)

Keep at it, your doing good. Thanks for the update. Dr. B.

Beverly on 10/01/00 at 16:51 (029564)

Joopie,

So glad you had your leg examined! Does you doctor have any idea how this happened? For instance, did inactivity contribute? Were you in a wheelchair or some other form of extreme rest? Please take care of yourself. A blood clot is serious stuff.
Best wishes,
Beverly

Joopie on 10/03/00 at 19:26 (029715)

Hi Beverly. Thanks for the note. The only thing we can think of that might be contributing is the Estrogen I was taking. Even with my bad foot I have not been inactive. I wonder if having the brace then the cast on might have contributed? Dr. B??? Dr. Z??? I am off work for a few days more. I am still a bit concerned about the swelling - if I am up too long it starts. Doc said I may feel the ache/discomfort for a long while because that vein is now history. Meanwhile my foot is kind of sore, but likes not being on it as much as usual. Hopefully going back to work will not set it back.

Again, thanks for asking. Hope you and the others are doing well - I'm keeping up as much as possible. -Joopie

Dr. Biehler on 10/04/00 at 06:23 (029743)

Blood clots are always on you mind when ever a cast is recomended. I would tend to agree the is is more estrogen prone, but then it is impossible to know for sure. Dr. B.