Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Maybe it's just me....

Posted by cindyp on 9/30/00 at 19:11 (029533)

Have been taking the celebrex. As I reported maybe not in this board, it is no longer working. Have tried doubling the dose not working. It's like I am not taking anything at all. This isn't fair.

Re: Maybe it's just me....

Barbara on 10/01/00 at 09:11 (029547)

Hi. I found that Celebrex worked a little for me and then stopped doing anything. I now use Vioxx. I find that it works better and has not stopped working like celebrex did.

Steve P on 10/01/00 at 11:02 (029550)

Cindy -- Sorry to hear about this. Be sure to call you doctor's office first thing Monday morning & let them know. Your doc will probably want to try something else.

best..........Steve

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/01/00 at 16:22 (029560)

Try switching to Vioxx. You can increase the dosage for Celebrex more. Talk to your doctor. I would switch to vioxx if possibe first.if not increase the celebrex.

Re: dosage information for celebrex..

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/01/00 at 16:29 (029561)

Dosage from AHFS DI™

Dosage of celecoxib must be carefully adjusted according to individual requirements and response, using the lowest possible effective dosage.

Although peak plasma concentrations and area under the plasma concentration-time curve (AUC) were increased 40 and 50%, respectively, in geriatric individuals older than 65 years of age compared with younger adults, dosage adjustment in geriatric adults based solely on age generally is not required. However, for geriatric patients weighing less than 50 kg, celecoxib therapy should be initiated at the lowest recommended dosage.

Osteoarthritis

For the symptomatic treatment of osteoarthritis, the usual adult dosage of celecoxib is 200 mg daily given as a single dose or in 2 equally divided doses. Celecoxib dosages exceeding 200 mg daily (e.g., 200 mg twice daily) do not appear to provide additional therapeutic benefit.

Rheumatoid Arthritis in Adults

For the symptomatic treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, the usual adult dosage of celecoxib is 100 200 mg twice daily. Although the overall efficacy of celecoxib was similar in patients receiving 100 or 200 mg twice daily, additional benefit was observed in some patients receiving the higher dosage. However, celecoxib dosages of 400 mg twice daily do not appear to provide additional therapeutic benefit compared with dosages of 100 200 mg twice daily.

Barbara on 10/01/00 at 09:11 (029547)

Hi. I found that Celebrex worked a little for me and then stopped doing anything. I now use Vioxx. I find that it works better and has not stopped working like celebrex did.

Steve P on 10/01/00 at 11:02 (029550)

Cindy -- Sorry to hear about this. Be sure to call you doctor's office first thing Monday morning & let them know. Your doc will probably want to try something else.

best..........Steve

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/01/00 at 16:22 (029560)

Try switching to Vioxx. You can increase the dosage for Celebrex more. Talk to your doctor. I would switch to vioxx if possibe first.if not increase the celebrex.

Re: dosage information for celebrex..

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/01/00 at 16:29 (029561)

Dosage from AHFS DI™

Dosage of celecoxib must be carefully adjusted according to individual requirements and response, using the lowest possible effective dosage.

Although peak plasma concentrations and area under the plasma concentration-time curve (AUC) were increased 40 and 50%, respectively, in geriatric individuals older than 65 years of age compared with younger adults, dosage adjustment in geriatric adults based solely on age generally is not required. However, for geriatric patients weighing less than 50 kg, celecoxib therapy should be initiated at the lowest recommended dosage.

Osteoarthritis

For the symptomatic treatment of osteoarthritis, the usual adult dosage of celecoxib is 200 mg daily given as a single dose or in 2 equally divided doses. Celecoxib dosages exceeding 200 mg daily (e.g., 200 mg twice daily) do not appear to provide additional therapeutic benefit.

Rheumatoid Arthritis in Adults

For the symptomatic treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, the usual adult dosage of celecoxib is 100 200 mg twice daily. Although the overall efficacy of celecoxib was similar in patients receiving 100 or 200 mg twice daily, additional benefit was observed in some patients receiving the higher dosage. However, celecoxib dosages of 400 mg twice daily do not appear to provide additional therapeutic benefit compared with dosages of 100 200 mg twice daily.