Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Baxter's Neuritis FYI

Posted by Barbara TX on 10/01/00 at 13:49 (029554)

I know that some of you have been curious about this, and so have I. Here is something interesting I found in a search about what Dr. Baxter does. I'll try to contact John today and ask him how his surgery went. B.

Re: PF Surgery Technique
Posted by John Holy on April 24, 1998 at 16:30:14:
had about a 30 minute visit with my surgeon today. he is an orthopedic surgeon with a fellowship in foot and ankle surgery. he studied under an apparently well known orthopedic surgeon in houston(dr. baxter) who developed the procedure i am about to describe. he has operated on well known folks like carl Lewis the world class runner. the procedure is not real new and is probably used by many orthopedic surgeons. the surgeon makes a conventional incision (not thu a scope) and removes a wedge of the fascia just forward of the heel. the fascia is not released. at this point on the heel there is a small nerve called (baxters nerve) that runs across the bottom of the foot just forward of the heel.the surgeon removes any tissue that may be pressing on this nerve and the fascia that was removed cannot press on the nerve. apparently many or most orthopedic surgeons think the pain coming from PF is caused by entrapment of this nerve and not inflamed fascia as most poditrist think. he advised he has had about a 90% success rate with this procedure. the foot integrity is maintained as the fascia is not released. recovery is three weeks with on pressure on the foot and then into walking shoe for three weeks with minimal pressure. after all of my reading this is the procedure i will go with unless i have some miracle healing withing the next few weeks.

Re: Wait a minute here!

Barbara TX on 10/01/00 at 13:56 (029555)

Is there a chance that the John Holy in this old post is our John H.? Has he misspelled his name. John H. please pick up the batphone and report in. Is this you? B.

wendyn on 10/01/00 at 15:24 (029556)

I think they are one in the same. John did have a procedure like this done in 1999 - he's now had 2 ESWT so I would say the surgery didn't have the desired outcome.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/01/00 at 15:40 (029557)

This is the same John H. (Holt.). I have seen three Baxter releases in the last three months. All failures. One the foot was worse. This doesn't mean that it doesn't work. It just proves that there is no surgical procedure out there that is the cure all. This is why I like ESWT before any type of heel spur surgery. By the way any type of cutting in the fascia will cause a release. The Baxer release is just a less dramatic release. Trust me there is alot of good and great results with heel spur surgery. If you only saw the terrible results some of which I had done myself you wouldn't even question ESWT before foot surgery.

Barbara TX on 10/01/00 at 17:17 (029567)

Dr. Z: Who did the Rabbi pick to get ESWT this month? B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/01/00 at 18:44 (029569)

The rabbi was busy praying so I am going to pick first thing in the morning Oct 2, 2000 Will post . I could of pick it myself or my wife but I want the staff members to be there for this pick.

john h on 10/01/00 at 19:25 (029570)

indeed john h and john holy are one and the same. however, my real name is john holt. on that day i had my mind on that devil huey lewi and the huey lewi procedure which is to cut off your foot. i decided against the huey lewi procedure.

john h on 10/01/00 at 19:28 (029571)

wendy dear- you are right on john did not have the desired outcome. i am now waiting for the cure that comes in 10 years.

Nancy S. on 10/01/00 at 19:30 (029572)

John, that was one Freudian typo. You do often sound as though you might be holy around the house, as in Saint John. However, we are STILL waiting for Mrs. Holy's side of the story, in her own words.
Nancy

Nancy S. on 10/01/00 at 19:33 (029573)

How are you doing post-second-Orbasone treatment, John? Anything to report yet? We are all perched on your shoulder, you know.
Nancy

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/01/00 at 21:17 (029577)

What's going on with your feet and the second orbasone. Any thing good?

john h on 10/01/00 at 22:18 (029578)

only persons with the proper password can enter my pf site and mrs holy does not qualify.

john h on 10/02/00 at 12:56 (029597)

this thursday pm will have been 2 weeks since my second orbasone treatement. i will wait until 2 full weeks have passed until i post my update. daily updates are not to meaningful.

Holly W. on 10/02/00 at 22:56 (029664)

I'm having the same trouble some of you are with heel pain. After visiting the Dr. I am getting physical therapy. Can someone please tell me about Orbasone treatments. What is ESWT? What can you tell me about OssaTron treatments, and does it help? I do not have any connection with these products.
Holly

Barbara TX on 10/01/00 at 13:56 (029555)

Is there a chance that the John Holy in this old post is our John H.? Has he misspelled his name. John H. please pick up the batphone and report in. Is this you? B.

wendyn on 10/01/00 at 15:24 (029556)

I think they are one in the same. John did have a procedure like this done in 1999 - he's now had 2 ESWT so I would say the surgery didn't have the desired outcome.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/01/00 at 15:40 (029557)

This is the same John H. (Holt.). I have seen three Baxter releases in the last three months. All failures. One the foot was worse. This doesn't mean that it doesn't work. It just proves that there is no surgical procedure out there that is the cure all. This is why I like ESWT before any type of heel spur surgery. By the way any type of cutting in the fascia will cause a release. The Baxer release is just a less dramatic release. Trust me there is alot of good and great results with heel spur surgery. If you only saw the terrible results some of which I had done myself you wouldn't even question ESWT before foot surgery.

Barbara TX on 10/01/00 at 17:17 (029567)

Dr. Z: Who did the Rabbi pick to get ESWT this month? B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/01/00 at 18:44 (029569)

The rabbi was busy praying so I am going to pick first thing in the morning Oct 2, 2000 Will post . I could of pick it myself or my wife but I want the staff members to be there for this pick.

john h on 10/01/00 at 19:25 (029570)

indeed john h and john holy are one and the same. however, my real name is john holt. on that day i had my mind on that devil huey lewi and the huey lewi procedure which is to cut off your foot. i decided against the huey lewi procedure.

john h on 10/01/00 at 19:28 (029571)

wendy dear- you are right on john did not have the desired outcome. i am now waiting for the cure that comes in 10 years.

Nancy S. on 10/01/00 at 19:30 (029572)

John, that was one Freudian typo. You do often sound as though you might be holy around the house, as in Saint John. However, we are STILL waiting for Mrs. Holy's side of the story, in her own words.
Nancy

Nancy S. on 10/01/00 at 19:33 (029573)

How are you doing post-second-Orbasone treatment, John? Anything to report yet? We are all perched on your shoulder, you know.
Nancy

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/01/00 at 21:17 (029577)

What's going on with your feet and the second orbasone. Any thing good?

john h on 10/01/00 at 22:18 (029578)

only persons with the proper password can enter my pf site and mrs holy does not qualify.

john h on 10/02/00 at 12:56 (029597)

this thursday pm will have been 2 weeks since my second orbasone treatement. i will wait until 2 full weeks have passed until i post my update. daily updates are not to meaningful.

Holly W. on 10/02/00 at 22:56 (029664)

I'm having the same trouble some of you are with heel pain. After visiting the Dr. I am getting physical therapy. Can someone please tell me about Orbasone treatments. What is ESWT? What can you tell me about OssaTron treatments, and does it help? I do not have any connection with these products.
Holly