Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

what happens when surgery doesn't wok???

Posted by mary on 10/02/00 at 09:25 (029587)

my husband had surgery in May (after trying just about everything) and ir's now 4 months later and all he does is complain about foot pain...he wears a foot splint at night. Does anybody know anything about sound waves?

Re: what happens when surgery doesn't wok???

Barbara TX on 10/02/00 at 09:37 (029588)

ESWT is also used after surgery to help resolve pain. Go to the ESTW link on the main page and read more about it. There are also links there to find a treatment site and to see patient progress reports. This may be a good next step for your husband. Good luck to you! B.

Dr. Biehler on 10/02/00 at 12:33 (029596)

Sound waves or ultra sound can be used as a way to stimulate cellular osmolarity and dialate deep vessiles to bring healing blood to an area. The ESWT uses pressure waves as a way to interupt pain signals and to jump start the healing of hard to heal areas such as in heel pain. When the surgery doesn't get rid of the pain, ESWT can always be used. We like to use the ESWT first as a way to avoid the surgery when ever possible. Dr. B.

john h on 10/02/00 at 13:02 (029599)

from i all i read he will need from 6 months to 1 year for a full recovery.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/02/00 at 21:16 (029646)

I have used ESWT in post- surgical heel spur cases where the @%^^%@%
pain won't go away . The results have been amazing. Good luck

dianej on 10/19/00 at 04:48 (030817)

i think you need more time , i was told i would be back at work in 12 weeks after small amount of bone and spur removed in one foot, twelve months later i was starting to come right, it takes time

Barbara TX on 10/02/00 at 09:37 (029588)

ESWT is also used after surgery to help resolve pain. Go to the ESTW link on the main page and read more about it. There are also links there to find a treatment site and to see patient progress reports. This may be a good next step for your husband. Good luck to you! B.

Dr. Biehler on 10/02/00 at 12:33 (029596)

Sound waves or ultra sound can be used as a way to stimulate cellular osmolarity and dialate deep vessiles to bring healing blood to an area. The ESWT uses pressure waves as a way to interupt pain signals and to jump start the healing of hard to heal areas such as in heel pain. When the surgery doesn't get rid of the pain, ESWT can always be used. We like to use the ESWT first as a way to avoid the surgery when ever possible. Dr. B.

john h on 10/02/00 at 13:02 (029599)

from i all i read he will need from 6 months to 1 year for a full recovery.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/02/00 at 21:16 (029646)

I have used ESWT in post- surgical heel spur cases where the @%^^%@%
pain won't go away . The results have been amazing. Good luck

dianej on 10/19/00 at 04:48 (030817)

i think you need more time , i was told i would be back at work in 12 weeks after small amount of bone and spur removed in one foot, twelve months later i was starting to come right, it takes time