Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birk. VS Dansko

Posted by Avery on 10/03/00 at 20:40 (029726)

I have a couple of Birks. They are great but have been thinking of buy some Dansko's. Any opinions as to how the rank?

Re: Birk. VS Dansko

Lori E. on 10/03/00 at 21:38 (029729)

I have both Dansko and Birks. I wear the Tatami birks. The Danskos are good, but I have found the Birks more comfortable. The Danskos are nice for a dress up shoe when I don't have many other options. The Danskos don't have as high of an arch as the Tatamis. The regular Birks don't either.
I have worn my Danskos with my orthodics. I found that to be helpful with increasing the arch support. The Danskos do feel different. Be sure to try them on for a while in the store before you buy them to make sure they are right for you. Everybody is different.

Beverly on 10/04/00 at 16:45 (029784)

I love Dansko's but not for just bumming around the house. They are dressier. That makes them a good choice for the office, church, parties, ect.

I have a somewhat high arch, and I find Dansko's arch just right. I wear the classic Birk Arizona most of the time. For everyday comfort,
I would take a Birk over a Dansko, but for a professional look that is comfortable, the Dansko has been a good choice for me.
Good Luck,
Beverly
PS: People with flat feet usually don't like Dansko's.

Lori E. on 10/03/00 at 21:38 (029729)

I have both Dansko and Birks. I wear the Tatami birks. The Danskos are good, but I have found the Birks more comfortable. The Danskos are nice for a dress up shoe when I don't have many other options. The Danskos don't have as high of an arch as the Tatamis. The regular Birks don't either.
I have worn my Danskos with my orthodics. I found that to be helpful with increasing the arch support. The Danskos do feel different. Be sure to try them on for a while in the store before you buy them to make sure they are right for you. Everybody is different.

Beverly on 10/04/00 at 16:45 (029784)

I love Dansko's but not for just bumming around the house. They are dressier. That makes them a good choice for the office, church, parties, ect.

I have a somewhat high arch, and I find Dansko's arch just right. I wear the classic Birk Arizona most of the time. For everyday comfort,
I would take a Birk over a Dansko, but for a professional look that is comfortable, the Dansko has been a good choice for me.
Good Luck,
Beverly
PS: People with flat feet usually don't like Dansko's.