Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cast signing?!!

Posted by Chris T on 10/04/00 at 13:35 (029771)

I found this site a few weeks ago - I think its great! I really need the support. My story is that I was diagnosed with heel spurs in both feet 2 years ago. I paid out of my pocket to see a pod. during this time. I've tried the injections, soft casts, wraps, walking boot, etc. - nothing helped, until a few months ago my right foot was put in a hard cast - up until this time it has worked. My pain in that foot has decreased greatly. I guess the sacrifice is worth the reward - hard casts are no fun. Everything becomes a chore - going to the store, going to work, and just doing anything other than watching TV - not to mention Bathing. Well I have now had a hard cast on my left foot for 2 weeks and the problems continue. My deal is I'm in a new town (just grad. from college) and I'm trying to be out and meet people and it's so difficult. For instance Sat. night a friend at work set me up with a really nice girl. So here I am in this big bulky blue cast and just felt like I was a burden to her - I let her drive so she can drop me off at the curb at the resteraunt; we go to the movies and have to find seats alone so no one has to walk over me or me over them and so my crutches don't get in the way. She didn't seem to mind all this but I do. My biggest fear is that my pain will probably come back and this will be a regular cycle. Maybe this is just my pity party and I should accept it and make the best of it. If you have any funny cast stories I would enjoy hearing them - I know I've got a few. As well as a message to put on my cast - Thanks!

Re: Cast signing?!! -- no funny cast stories?

Nancy S. on 10/05/00 at 09:53 (029834)

Hi Chris T., well I've been waiting, and it seems there aren't many funny cast stories around here. I find this hard to believe! Oh well -- I wore a walking cast for 7 weeks and that wasn't funny either.
But you say you have some cast stories? Let's hear 'em!
I have to hand it to you, Chris, going on blind dates in your cast and crutches. That's terrific and shows a lot of guts, and you must be a good guy since your date didn't mind. (Any date who would mind isn't worth the trouble, in my opinion.)
A lot of us have to get used to carrying and wearing all sorts of paraphernalia. My sister loves it when I go see her for a weekend and take with me three ice wraps, night splint, folding stool, ankle supports, shoe inserts, two pairs of footwear, Vioxx, and lately the Acu-Flex.
I hope you get better soon, and keep up that dating!
Nancy

Re: Cast signing?!! -- no funny cast stories?

Nancy S. on 10/05/00 at 09:53 (029834)

Hi Chris T., well I've been waiting, and it seems there aren't many funny cast stories around here. I find this hard to believe! Oh well -- I wore a walking cast for 7 weeks and that wasn't funny either.
But you say you have some cast stories? Let's hear 'em!
I have to hand it to you, Chris, going on blind dates in your cast and crutches. That's terrific and shows a lot of guts, and you must be a good guy since your date didn't mind. (Any date who would mind isn't worth the trouble, in my opinion.)
A lot of us have to get used to carrying and wearing all sorts of paraphernalia. My sister loves it when I go see her for a weekend and take with me three ice wraps, night splint, folding stool, ankle supports, shoe inserts, two pairs of footwear, Vioxx, and lately the Acu-Flex.
I hope you get better soon, and keep up that dating!
Nancy