Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Let me introduce myself....let me make you smile!!

Posted by Kate on 10/05/00 at 17:35 (029860)

Hi all,
For those of you who don't know me, I'm Kate Jurman, Dr.Z's ESWT coordinator. I've met and have spoken with many of you, and thank you all for the priviledge!
Dr. Z (who is always lurking around the corners of heelspurs.com)has made some truely wonderful advances with the great treatment, and some of our very special patients like John H., and Lois S., and Iris S., can tell you what a joy he is in person!
If anyone out there in cyber land is having heel pain, or achilles tendon pain, email Dr.Z or me, or, give me a call and I'd be more than happy to tell you all about ESWT, and how it can help you.
How about a few ESWT puns.....the spur stops heel....it get's to the sole of the problem....anyone have any more...I'm beginning to collect them!
By the way, I love all of the creative entries for the lotto, keep 'em coming, and the more creative the better!

Thanks,
Kate
ESWT Coordinator for Dr.Zuckerman

Re: Let me introduce myself....let me make you smile!!

Tricia on 10/05/00 at 17:40 (029862)

Hi Kate, Nice to hear from you! Has Dr. Z performed ESWT for TTS yet or just pf? If a person has both can the techinque be done at the same time or do you know. Who is Dr. Bichler? Does he work with Dr. Z. I saw a post by him on the TTS board and he said ESWT works for TTS if an MRI shows the cause is distal to the tunnel .... he post can be found on your TTS board under todays date!
I am starting to smile!

Thank you

Kate on 10/05/00 at 17:53 (029866)

Tricia,
The uses for ESWT are almost limitless, I can tell you how it can be used to treat your PF, but Dr.Z and Dr. Biehler (Beeler) can address the tarsal tunnel issue.
And Tricia, as long as there are Dr.'s around like Zuckerman and Biehler, there are atleast two reasons to smile!

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/05/00 at 19:29 (029889)

I read Dr. Biehler comments about TTS. He states that you can use ESWT for tendonitis that inserts into the navicular bone. I have used ESWT for any insertional pain such as pf, Achilles Tendonits. Infra-
patellar tendonitis , Peroneal Brevis . and Posterior Tibial Tendonitis ( at the navicular bone) . I hope that this brings more light into the picture. I hope that you enjoy Katie. You will find her very informative and she will go the extra mile to help you in any way possible.

Kitty on 10/05/00 at 21:23 (029900)

Would you possilbly know were there might be a case study on the shockwave for cronic plantar fasciities. I would like to be a volunteer for this. My dr. just told me about this. Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel after all?? Thank you Kitty

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/05/00 at 21:37 (029903)

We are a private office. We have done over one hundred cases of chronic pf with very effective results. There may be a clinic in New YOrk for the orthowave that is still doing FDA studies. You can find it under orthowave in the search engine. If you would like additional information and video contact Katie at 1-856-848-3338

Re: tts and eswt

alan k on 10/06/00 at 07:39 (029921)

Theoretically one might be able to use eswt on neighboring tissue to the tts region if there was some reason why it was related to the tts, but other than that unlikely scenario I don't see anyway it would help with tts. You couldn't set the focus on the tts nerve because it would severely aggravate the nerve.

There may be a use I am not seeing, of course.

You could use the eswt on the pf part of a tts/pf combination.

alan k

Re: clinical study in NYC

VickiJ on 10/06/00 at 07:59 (029922)

Hi Kitty,
There is a clinical study...free to those accepted...being conducted at Montifiore Hospital in the Bronx. If you check further down on this messge board, I believe, maybe the 'treatment' message board, you'll see info about it, including phone numbers to call.

Nancy N on 10/06/00 at 16:04 (029951)

Kitty--

I don't know where you live, but there is a study going on right now in the Bronx (NY) at the Montefiore Medical center. I've been participating in the study since August, and I know there is a limit on the number of people they can take. I don't know if they've met that limit or not. If you go to Scott's ESWT page and scroll about halfway down, you'll see the announcement and phone numbers. Be sure to ask for Julie (or Craig Spurdle if you can't find Julie) since she is the secretary organizing the study. Good luck!

Tricia on 10/05/00 at 17:40 (029862)

Hi Kate, Nice to hear from you! Has Dr. Z performed ESWT for TTS yet or just pf? If a person has both can the techinque be done at the same time or do you know. Who is Dr. Bichler? Does he work with Dr. Z. I saw a post by him on the TTS board and he said ESWT works for TTS if an MRI shows the cause is distal to the tunnel .... he post can be found on your TTS board under todays date!
I am starting to smile!

Thank you

Kate on 10/05/00 at 17:53 (029866)

Tricia,
The uses for ESWT are almost limitless, I can tell you how it can be used to treat your PF, but Dr.Z and Dr. Biehler (Beeler) can address the tarsal tunnel issue.
And Tricia, as long as there are Dr.'s around like Zuckerman and Biehler, there are atleast two reasons to smile!

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/05/00 at 19:29 (029889)

I read Dr. Biehler comments about TTS. He states that you can use ESWT for tendonitis that inserts into the navicular bone. I have used ESWT for any insertional pain such as pf, Achilles Tendonits. Infra-
patellar tendonitis , Peroneal Brevis . and Posterior Tibial Tendonitis ( at the navicular bone) . I hope that this brings more light into the picture. I hope that you enjoy Katie. You will find her very informative and she will go the extra mile to help you in any way possible.

Kitty on 10/05/00 at 21:23 (029900)

Would you possilbly know were there might be a case study on the shockwave for cronic plantar fasciities. I would like to be a volunteer for this. My dr. just told me about this. Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel after all?? Thank you Kitty

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/05/00 at 21:37 (029903)

We are a private office. We have done over one hundred cases of chronic pf with very effective results. There may be a clinic in New YOrk for the orthowave that is still doing FDA studies. You can find it under orthowave in the search engine. If you would like additional information and video contact Katie at 1-856-848-3338

Re: tts and eswt

alan k on 10/06/00 at 07:39 (029921)

Theoretically one might be able to use eswt on neighboring tissue to the tts region if there was some reason why it was related to the tts, but other than that unlikely scenario I don't see anyway it would help with tts. You couldn't set the focus on the tts nerve because it would severely aggravate the nerve.

There may be a use I am not seeing, of course.

You could use the eswt on the pf part of a tts/pf combination.

alan k

Re: clinical study in NYC

VickiJ on 10/06/00 at 07:59 (029922)

Hi Kitty,
There is a clinical study...free to those accepted...being conducted at Montifiore Hospital in the Bronx. If you check further down on this messge board, I believe, maybe the 'treatment' message board, you'll see info about it, including phone numbers to call.

Nancy N on 10/06/00 at 16:04 (029951)

Kitty--

I don't know where you live, but there is a study going on right now in the Bronx (NY) at the Montefiore Medical center. I've been participating in the study since August, and I know there is a limit on the number of people they can take. I don't know if they've met that limit or not. If you go to Scott's ESWT page and scroll about halfway down, you'll see the announcement and phone numbers. Be sure to ask for Julie (or Craig Spurdle if you can't find Julie) since she is the secretary organizing the study. Good luck!